Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

Kyyle23

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Not true...we'll still have Reed and Thornton for the 2nd game if Stults can pitch well.

This. If Quintana gets completely shelled we'll have Lillibridge or somebody pitch

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 7, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Awful, awful start for Mr. Perfect. What do we do with him?

Keep pitching him and hope he turns it around. If he ends up showing he can't be counted on as a starter in future Sox rotations, then holy crap, is the starting rotation depth awful. You're looking at Danks.......and no one else if Floyd is traded. All it means is Kenny will draft a college starting pitcher like Broadway who is supposed to be most MLB ready.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Keep pitching him and hope he turns it around. If he ends up showing he can't be counted on as a starter in future Sox rotations, then holy crap, is the starting rotation depth awful. You're looking at Danks.......and no one else if Floyd is traded.

Hector, your bus to Charlotte is waiting

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
He'll get the rest of the year on the roster, but with Kenny seemingly pushing for guys like Quintana and Molina to get to the majors, Humber could end up in the bullpen.

Maybe we should switch him & Sale?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:46 PM)
Keep pitching him and hope he turns it around. If he ends up showing he can't be counted on as a starter in future Sox rotations, then holy crap, is the starting rotation depth awful. You're looking at Danks.......and no one else if Floyd is traded. All it means is Kenny will draft a college starting pitcher like Broadway who is supposed to be most MLB ready.

And can we even be 100% sure with what we have in Danks at this point?

The perfect storm of everything going wrong that can go wrong has happened...and once again coinciding with the perfect game/no-hitter effect. Not even Kenny Williams is going to survive this trend.

Has Harrelson just completely lost it yet? Still in the booth? Ramirez finally makes a play to get us out of the most embarassing inning of the season for White Sox baseball.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Trying not to read too much into this poor kid's first big league outing. Not fun to come in for the first tiime in a jam like this

This is a game thread. You're supposed to conclude that whatever he does in his first outing will represent what he will do for his entire career.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Has Harrelson just completely lost it yet? Still in the booth? Ramirez finally makes a play to get us out of the most embarassing inning of the season for White Sox baseball.

You must not have watched the first Orioles game

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
Not true...we'll still have Reed and Thornton for the 2nd game if Stults can pitch well.

So are we expecting Stultz to pitch 6 or 7 innings? That's best case scenario for I'm thinking. If Stultz isn't sharp and can only go 3-5 innings what then? The way Quintana looks we're probably gonna be using about everyone besides Thornton and Reed just to get through this damn game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:50 PM)
This is a game thread. You're supposed to conclude that whatever he does in his first outing will represent what he will do for his entire career.

Haha, well. A brief personal experience for you:

My first college outing came in a tight game with the bases loaded and nobody out. I proceeded to hit 4 straight batters.

I recovered once I got into our rotation later that year, but I'm not sure if my ego ever did :lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
A few weeks ago, people were telling me emphatically that Philip Humber was the best 5th starter in MLB and gave us the best back of the rotation in MLB.

If Humber falls apart, that only leaves DeAza and Santos (although Molina could quickly ruin that too) as positive contributions KW has made since 2008.

Everything else, not so good.

McAllister now in great shape to get his first major league win. Last year, he held us to 2/15 (two hits were by Gordo, and he has another today).

AJ 4 for his last 28. Make that 5 for 29. Konerko still motoring along under the radar at 350 or so. Rios will do what to mess up this inning? DP? Pop-up? K?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:49 PM)
The perfect storm of everything going wrong that can go wrong has happened...and once again coinciding with the perfect game/no-hitter effect. Not even Kenny Williams is going to survive this trend.

He more than likely will keep his job...but he really shouldn't. If this team ends up with one of the five worst records with all the young players looking terrible, combined with awful attendance and the worst farm system in baseball...then it will certainly be a season that 99% of GMs would get fired for. Just like with Greg Walker, it doesn't matter if you're the best person ever at your job. If the results of your work/guidance suck for an extended period of time, then it's time for a change.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 7, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
Just checked the score.... So today is just gonna be a distaster of epic porportions huh? Haha

It's not easy to match that 4th of July doubleheader at home vs. the Twins a few years ago. It was like a 20-12 & 12-0 sweep by the Twinkies.