Gameday Thread-Doubleheader Special: White Sox vs Indians

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
I wouldn't go that far, but he did do his job today and saved the bullpen from disaster while keeping the Sox within striking distance. The line up is filled with too many out makers.

I'm not suggesting he be on the ML roster, but KW is very high on him and I have to wonder if anyone else would have picked him as the guy coming up today. Worked out nicely so far.

BTW, Lilli is freaking hopeless against righties

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
If we won a game by four, the game thread would be saying that we don't have the offense to blow anybody out. When we lose by four, it's a blowout.

Only in Greg's world...

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:02 PM)
Only in Greg's world...

We always look for "turning points" as Sox fans.

I wonder if this Sale thing is the one thing that will be the turning point. It had to be deflating to all our veteran players who had to think Sale was a special starter.

To just throw a dominant starter into the bullpen this early in the season makes no sense and again ... I think it might be THE turning point to turning the team into the piece of s*** it was expected to be.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:06 PM)
The kid did his job. I won't get too excited about his future yet, Stewart pitched a game or 2 like this last season, but now the Sox are fully loaded for game 2. Its an impressive debut.

This...Kid did an awesome job today no doubt. Let's just leave it at that. Any kind of change of pace from Humber was bound to succeed today. It was just one of those days for Philip.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)
We always look for "turning points" as Sox fans.

I wonder if this Sale thing is the one thing that will be the turning point. It had to be deflating to all our veteran players who had to think Sale was a special starter.

To just throw a dominant starter into the bullpen this early in the season makes no sense and again ... I think it might be THE turning point to turning the team into the piece of s*** it was expected to be.

I'd say all those deflating blown games by the back end of bullpen hurt the team mindset much more than Sale leaving the rotation.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
I'd say all those deflating blown games by the back end of bullpen hurt the team mindset much more than Sale leaving the rotation.

Team can't be so fragile. The Marlins have had like 5 blown saves this season and have rebounded to play good baseball now.

The bullpen blow-ups hurt more at the beginning of last season than this one IMO...I took those much worse. Of course I could just be a year older and more mature lol...

QUOTE (Jake @ May 7, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)

Fair enough.

I just had a feeling that the Sale situation, though, shows what a joke of an organization the veterans play for.

I mean the guy is 3-1 with dominant stuff. You take him out of the rotation and the veterans aren't dumb. It's like a white flag trade of sorts.

Sale ... outta rotation.

Axelrod or other rag arms ... in? Yikes.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
Team can't be so fragile. The Marlins have had like 5 blown saves this season and have rebounded to play good baseball now.

The bullpen blow-ups hurt more at the beginning of last season than this one IMO...I took those much worse. Of course I could just be a year older and more mature lol...

Well we don't know if it has hurt their mindset...I doubt it has. I think we haven't played well because of the various reasons a team doesn't play well. Some bad players, bad luck, etc.