Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
lol, i will take the lack of response as "your jerseys are lame".

Which is fine, since I didnt design them :)

Or nobody cares. ;)

The worst team in our league has team jerseys that look like red tuxedos. It's awful

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:59 PM)
Do you have to pay extra to have those jerseys say "AFFLICTION" across the chest?

The logo doesn't bother me, for whatever reason the affliction type logos are popular on tourney team jerseys. the digi-camo design kind of bothers me. I wish they were just flat black.

I am happy they are sub-dye jerseys though, nothing will rub off when they slide

This is our final draft

image.jpg

image.jpg

Welp, another two games Sunday and another 4 total at bats. We lost the first game 10-0, got called after the 5th. Lost the second game 14-4 also called after the 5th. I was a very disappointing 1-4 with a flyout at the fence and then 2 ground outs. On a side note, do any of you guys wear pants? I for some reason made the dumb decision to slide into third on our concrete like dirt and have that nasty road rash looking wound on my leg now. Its going to be too hot here soon to wear pants, I was thinking of some under armour compression legging things. That should at least minimize the damage from sliding.

QUOTE (TRU @ May 27, 2014 -> 12:16 PM)
Welp, another two games Sunday and another 4 total at bats. We lost the first game 10-0, got called after the 5th. Lost the second game 14-4 also called after the 5th. I was a very disappointing 1-4 with a flyout at the fence and then 2 ground outs. On a side note, do any of you guys wear pants? I for some reason made the dumb decision to slide into third on our concrete like dirt and have that nasty road rash looking wound on my leg now. Its going to be too hot here soon to wear pants, I was thinking of some under armour compression legging things. That should at least minimize the damage from sliding.

I have softball pants I wear when it is cool, but I wear sliding compression pants and high softball socks to avoid strawberries. Still get them, though

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 27, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
I have softball pants I wear when it is cool, but I wear sliding compression pants and high softball socks to avoid strawberries. Still get them, though

Yeah ive been swearing up and down I would never slide regardless of the situation. Even got thrown out at third once because I didn't want to slide and get that strawberry. This time though I just did it without thinking, and then immediately regretted it. Im definitely going to look into the compression pants. This was also the first week I decided not to wear my knee high socks.

QUOTE (TRU @ May 27, 2014 -> 01:46 PM)
Yeah ive been swearing up and down I would never slide regardless of the situation. Even got thrown out at third once because I didn't want to slide and get that strawberry. This time though I just did it without thinking, and then immediately regretted it. Im definitely going to look into the compression pants. This was also the first week I decided not to wear my knee high socks.

I've got an ankle to knee strawberry from a sliding catch in the OF. At least they heal quickly.

I wear baseball pants to games I care about where I might have to slide. And yeah, I've gotten a few strawberries from slides before, they're not cool.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 27, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
I wear shorts. I don't leave my feet. Maybe head first to beat a tag, but otherwise, nope.

lol the one time I slid head first, I got a strawberry on my knee, my chest, my stomach, and my arm. And I also wore a white shirt that day, so that shirt was forever ruined.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
You guys play on artificial turf?

Our infields are artificial/field turf. Although a few local fields are converting to full field turf. Wheeling just redid everything

They do that to prevent rain outs. Unless it is lightning, we play

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 27, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Our infields are artificial/field turf. Although a few local fields are converting to full field turf. Wheeling just redid everything

They do that to prevent rain outs. Unless it is lightning, we play

That's pretty awesome.

It usually never rains in Austin, but it's going to rain for the entire week, I've already had 3 games cancelled this week.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2014 -> 04:23 PM)
That's pretty awesome.

It usually never rains in Austin, but it's going to rain for the entire week, I've already had 3 games cancelled this week.

Yea, seems like a bit of a waste of money for you guys. Our league refunds rain outs if they aren't made up, so they are trying to make sure they refund as little as possible

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 27, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
Yea, seems like a bit of a waste of money for you guys. Our league refunds rain outs if they aren't made up, so they are trying to make sure they refund as little as possible

We only get $20 as a team back and that's like 1/5 of what we actually pay per game.

A couple of years ago I played on a mens team that my coed team could have beaten. We would do the same thing, like score 3 runs in a doubleheader. It sucked.