Slow pitch softball thread

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We played one of the better teams in Austin tonight and won in 9 innings. Time expired after 5, so we played 4 innings of 1-pitch ball. Our pitcher only walked one and our defense was brilliant in the extra innings and we pulled out a 18-16 win (we were up 16-2 at one point).

We had gotten beat by these guys 30-3, 20-4, and 17-10 the last 3 times we played them, so this was a really satisfying win.

We lost 25-24 in extra innings. We were tied 13-13 going into the 7th, they scored 7 and we came right back with 7. In the extra innings they scored on a mammoth home run and some doubles. We just couldn't close the deal, had the tying run on first and my third baseman hit a homer past our limit and it was the final out :(

I was 4/5 with 2 doubles

We got our asses beat. We hit the ball hard but right at guys. They hit the ball hard where we couldn't get em. Our pitcher checked out mentally after the first. He was up and the ump wouldn't call illegal. And when he did, it was super late. Didn't cost us game but some of our guys got frustrated early.

They were hitting hard grounders past me at first. I barely had time to react.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2014 -> 05:31 PM)
Do you Chicagoland players have any open tournaments in your parks this summer? We are trying to find a fun local tournament to enter and we are having a hell of a time

I have a 14 in one in forest park

• 2 weeks later...

We were missing 3/4 of our outfield and lost to a previously winless team by 1. Our subs were 3 old guys and our outfield had no range. One of our old guys was at 2nd and they wore him out. It was awful.

Swept a DH on Tuesday, both against the same team. We won 17-0 by slaughter in the 1st game, and somehow only won 9-8 in the 2nd game, and we had to come back to score 2 runs in the bottom of the 7th to win that one. Bizarre how closer the game was in Game 2. I guess we were having too much fun f***ing around switching positions and whatnot.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 6, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
I did nothing but play softball today. Woke up at 745, first game at 9. Played 7 games. The last one ended at around 830. We won the tournament though, so it was worth it.

Those are good days. The following two days usually are sore as hell, though ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 7, 2014 -> 06:45 AM)
Those are good days. The following two days usually are sore as hell, though ;)

I feel fine right now. I did bruise my heel though, so that might suck for a week.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 09:08 AM)
error open the floodgates? or bad day at the plate?

I made last out of inning twice with bases loaded. One was a liner a guy dove and caught, but still.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:57 AM)
We won 26-4 last night, I was 2/3 with a double, 2 runs and an RBI.

After starting the season 2-3, we are now 6-3 and we are possibly going to sneak into second place if everything breaks right.

Did you guys empty the bench? How did you only bat 3 times while scoring 26 runs?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 12, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
Maybe he walked like 3 times?

Yeah, that had crossed my mind. I usually mentioned my walks, so I thought I'd ask.

Oh, and on August 9th I'm scheduled to waddle around a softball diamond for the first time in like 7 or 8 years. I'm excited but apprehensive. My feet and legs are feeling better than they have in a while, but running is still going to be a bit of a problem. Definitely going to play infield, probably 2B or SC. (16" tournament)