TalkBulls relaunch Party?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, start spamming your friends. June 28 is the reboot. Email, facebook, twitter etc. The more people that join, the better chance that this works. First we need volunteers for admins and mods. Those are the people who will be able to do the most posting and discussing to keep things moving and fresh.

Lets get plenty of people who want to make this happen. We need people to start posting stories, rumors discussions, whatever. Post, and post a lot.

Here is the new facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/TalkBulls

I'm in. I really enjoy the basketball discussion from Soxtalk members so I anticipate spending a good deal of time there. Hopefully we can move the Soxtalk NBA discussion all over to that board. I'd consider closing the NBA thread here even, at least once the Finals are over.

I can help moderate or whatever you need, but I'll participate enthusiastically regardless.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 01:40 PM)
I'm in. I really enjoy the basketball discussion from Soxtalk members so I anticipate spending a good deal of time there. Hopefully we can move the Soxtalk NBA discussion all over to that board. I'd consider closing the NBA thread here even, at least once the Finals are over.

I can help moderate or whatever you need, but I'll participate enthusiastically regardless.

Congrats Mr. Moderator. Now spam your friends and recruit!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
I can help with any modding if help is needed, but I'm definitely going to post a lot now that we seem committed to reopening it.

If you're worried, don't be, I've read just about everything on that page for the past 5 years. Just come and post, give me things to reply to.

Seems like we're getting more and more of the good Soxtalk posters over there :D

We certainly want a user base that has some degree of independence from this one, but to attract those people we need to be talking about s*** over there. I'm enjoying it so far.

I also love the Bulls board skin.

I think we could do something like RealGM right here.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/index.php?...b8ec7c889b6a05d

The first layer of the forum should be the sport of the forum, like SoxTalk, General Baseball Talk, Basketball Talk, Football Talk, etc, then move the Soxtalk sub forums into the Baseball Talk section, and then create sub forums for each sport forum. The front layer of the website would just be link to each sports forum.

Since I think we still want Soxtalk as the flagship forum of the website, we could still leave the domain name of the home page as soxtalk.com, then and put Soxtalk forum in the first section on its own, and the subsequent sports forum in one section beneath it.

Is this possible?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
I think we could do something like RealGM right here.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/index.php?...b8ec7c889b6a05d

The first layer of the forum should be the sport of the forum, like SoxTalk, General Baseball Talk, Basketball Talk, Football Talk, etc, then move the Soxtalk sub forums into the Baseball Talk section, and then create sub forums for each sport forum. The front layer of the website would just be link to each sports forum.

Since I think we still want Soxtalk as the flagship forum of the website, we could still leave the domain name of the home page as soxtalk.com, then and put Soxtalk forum in the first section on its own, and the subsequent sports forum in one section beneath it.

Is this possible?

I think this was deemed not possible, it was something I wanted to see as well but the guys that run Soxtalk (and created TalkBulls and TalkBears, among some other forums that no longer exist) don't have as much time to dedicate to the stuff since they're living in the real world now :P

TalkBears also has a pretty active and independent user base and I don't think it is possible to migrate those members over to a unified board.