Tigers to host 2005 All-Star Game

Cali

If you decide to go, take a gun with you, because that's the murder capital of America...Has been more than any other city in the nation.

I'd be scared s***less to go there!!!

hey! dont be hating on detroit. i lived there for a Short while. and while the town has a reputation, it is coming back....slowly

the park is near a part of town called Greektown and the area is not much worse the the area around the cell.

now there are some scary parts of detroit.... but the ballpark isn't one of them

also, if this year is any indication... half-priced tickets should be easily obtained :)

If you decide to go, take a gun with you, because that's the murder capital of America...Has been more than any other city in the nation.

I thought that honor belonged to Gary, Indiana.

People were probably thinking the same thing you were when The Cell was announced as this years all-star game.

Whatever they deside to do to the outfield fences, Comerica will have a hard time following up the home run derby performance that will happen next year at Minute Maid Park. Someonebodys going to hit 30 HR in one round.

hey! dont be hating on detroit. i lived there for a Short while. and while the town has a reputation, it is coming back....slowly

the park is near a part of town called Greektown and the area is not much worse the the area around the cell.

now there are some scary parts of detroit.... but the ballpark isn't one of them

also, if this year is any indication... half-priced tickets should be easily obtained :)

The whole city of Detroit is a hole. They just need to blow it up and start over again. And hopefully the Tigers will be at home when they decide to drop the bomb on it.

Heather.. have ya heard of Gary, Indiana...?? That would be the murder capital. And the park isn't in a bad area. No worse then a lot of others I've been to.

I've lived in Detroit and I was just there with my grandson last month - the trash talk on Detroit is totally underserved - think of how we dislike it when cubs fans trash talk the USCF area - well, I am feeling about the same when Detroit is attacxked in this way.

You don't like the red wings or something else, say that, but don't attack the entire cir=ty with tired old cliches that long ago ceased to be even faintly true. I've thought about movng back to Detroit and the only thing that keeps me from doing so is that it is too far to travel to my beloved USCF.

I've lived in Detroit and I was just there with my grandson last month - the trash talk on Detroit is totally underserved - think of how we dislike it when cubs fans trash talk the USCF area - well, I am feeling about the same when Detroit is attacxked in this way.

You don't like the red wings or something else, say that, but don't attack the entire cir=ty with tired old cliches that long ago ceased to be even faintly true. I've thought about movng back to Detroit and the only thing that keeps me from doing so is that it is too far to travel to my beloved USCF.

Heather.. have ya heard of Gary, Indiana...?? That would be the murder capital. And the park isn't in a bad area. No worse then a lot of others I've been to.

Nope! It's Detroit, Not Gary.

Nope! It's Detroit, Not Gary.

What does a city's murder rate have to do with baseball? Chicago had more homicides than NY City in '02..... and NY City probably has about 5-6 million more residents than Chicago does. You didn't post about how you would have to bring a gun to USCF if you had tickets to the AllStar Game here.

And, FYI, when comparing murder rates, are you going by total murders or by per capita? Depending on what statistics you read, the top 3 are..... in no particular order..... Gary, In., St. Louis, Mo., and Detroit, Mi. LA and Chicago round out the top 5, once again, depending on how the statistics are compiled.

Actually, that's Chicago.

Several people today did tell me that Detroit did, in fact, take over the title in 2001 from Gary and has been increasing it's lead since.

What a great record to hold, eh?

Several people today did tell me that Detroit did, in fact, take over the title in 2001 from Gary and has been increasing it's lead since.

I'm fairly positive Chicago took the honor in 2002.

I'm fairly positive Chicago took the honor in 2002.

WGN news, after tonights game, had a story about the Police Commisioner retiring, I believe. (I didn't really pay that close of attention to it.) But, they did say that though crime is down overall in Chicago, there are more murders committed there than in any other large US city.