Jordan Danks being recalled

southsider2k5

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't expect him to stay long if Fuku stays out. You're really throwing a wrench into the development of a potentially starting-caliber player. Would have been great to see him finish the year in AAA over .300, etc. He may have even had trade value.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
I don't expect him to stay long if Fuku stays out. You're really throwing a wrench into the development of a potentially starting-caliber player. Would have been great to see him finish the year in AAA over .300, etc. He may have even had trade value.

Hard to throw a wrench into his development when he's 26 and in his third year in AAA.

He's an ideal 4th OF though... plays plus defense, has played all three spots, has a little speed, and occasionally runs into one with the bat. And all for cheap.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
Hard to throw a wrench into his development when he's 26 and in his third year in AAA.

He's an ideal 4th OF though... plays plus defense, has played all three spots, has a little speed, and occasionally runs into one with the bat. And all for cheap.

And don't forget, all of major league baseball could have had him for the price of $50,000 just a few months ago. Hopefully expectations aren't too high for Jordan.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
And don't forget, all of major league baseball could have had him for the price of $50,000 just a few months ago. Hopefully expectations aren't too high for Jordan.

I really am surprised no one took a gamble on him. I don't think he's a starter either but like others have said, being left handed, having a bit of pop and decent speed and from all accounts being a plus, plus defender, he is an ideal 4th OF, especially in the NL

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)

This might have been true if he were 23 or 24. At his age, he may as well be up in the majors and being serviceable as a 4th outfielder/pinch runner, etc. I don't think any one projects him as any more than that. I'm sure he's not complaining, he's finally arrived. Here's hoping we've seen the last of Fukodome.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
This might have been true if he were 23 or 24. At his age, he may as well be up in the majors and being serviceable as a 4th outfielder/pinch runner, etc. I don't think any one projects him as any more than that. I'm sure he's not complaining, he's finally arrived. Here's hoping we've seen the last of Fukodome.

No doubt.

Very happy to be greeted with this news this morning. Looking forward to seeing the kid.

Officially official now

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox

#WhiteSox have placed outfielder Kosuke Fukudome on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to June 4) with a strained right oblique.

In a corresponding move, the #WhiteSox have purchased the contract of outfielder Jordan Danks from Class AAA Charlotte.

Danks, the younger brother of #WhiteSox pitcher John Danks, is hitting .302 w/ 15 doubles, 8 HR & 28 RBI in 57 games with Charlotte.

Danks, who will wear uniform No. 20, has no major-league experience.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

Jordan Danks is considered the best defensive outfielder in the organization, not just Minors. Teammates raved about Jordan's defense

With Viciedo, Rios and De Aza hitting, Jordan will be more of a defensive replacement/pinch-runner. But he has improved with the bat

Fukudome couldn't really do anything baseball-related since the injury suffered in Sunday's game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
If John is back next week to pitch in STL or LA, maybe Jordan could pinch hit for him.

It would probably spawn a small black hole or mess with the space time continuum if they did that.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
So what shall Jordan's lame, cheesy nickname be?

Michael Jeffrey

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft