Dodgers vs White Sox 9:10 CST

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)
Your arguing with a guy who obviously has no idea what AJ's work habits are.

I'm a guy who watches damn near every game and goes to a lot. AJ runs the basepaths like an 80 year old, that's lazy.

That was a tough loss. It was one those games that you win and it propels you to more wins. Win the series and it doesn't matter.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This loss really hurts.

Huge start for Humber tmrw to try to stop the bleeding.

Before tonight, 6 of Chris Sale's 8 victories came after Sox losses.

3-7 now, staring 3-8 right in the face.

Bottom line is that no team, even in the AL Central, can win the division when you have two automatic losses in your rotation and a kid 6 months removed from pitching for Tampa in the Florida State League.

Danks is the only "savior" on the horizon...at least until one month from now when the trade market clarifies.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:14 AM)
I'm a guy who watches damn near every game and goes to a lot. AJ runs the basepaths like an 80 year old, that's lazy.

That was a tough loss. It was one those games that you win and it propels you to more wins. Win the series and it doesn't matter.

Ive talked with people close to the White Sox. You may watch every game but that does damn well not mean you know AJ's work ethic. Its clear as day that you dont.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:14 AM)
This loss really hurts.

Huge start for Humber tmrw to try to stop the bleeding.

Before tonight, 6 of Chris Sale's 8 victories came after Sox losses.

3-7 now, staring 3-8 right in the face.

Bottom line is that no team, even in the AL Central, can win the division when you have two automatic losses in your rotation and a kid 6 months removed from pitching for Tampa in the Florida State League.

Danks is the only "savior" on the horizon...at least until one month from now when the trade market clarifies.

Experiencing more soreness today and going to see the team's doctor.

Someone needs to make a thread.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 06:15 AM)
[/b]

Experiencing more soreness today and going to see the team's doctor.

Someone needs to make a thread.

They did an MRI previously and it was clean, right? I'll be surprised if we see him back before the ASB.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)
So we are back to playing baseball like the pre-winning streak baseball. Losing series after series relying on other teams and the crappy division we are in to keep us on top. This team better get its head out of its ass.

Right after we get some starting pitching in here. Maybe then we will be ok. Tough loss tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:21 AM)
Which starting pitcher do you think the Sox can land?

I think they can land Dempster actually. After reading today before work I dont think it would cost as much as I was anticipating. I think he would actually come here to play. Problem is he is a rental.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
Ive talked with people close to the White Sox. You may watch every game but that does damn well not mean you know AJ's work ethic. Its clear as day that you dont.

He might be the first guy there everyday. It doesn't matter. He plays lazy. He refuses to even try to block some pitches. He refuses to run out ground balls and pop ups, he'd rather throw his bat. I don't care if you slam a 22 oz before every AB, as long as you play the game right.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
He might be the first guy there everyday. It doesn't matter. He plays lazy. He refuses to even try to block some pitches. He refuses to run out ground balls and pop ups, he'd rather throw his bat. I don't care if you slam a 22 oz before every AB, as long as you play the game right.

I really like how you switched it to he plays lazy now. Not that he is lazy.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:26 AM)

With regards to AJ, I really don't care if he pretends to hustle to first on a routine ground ball to 2nd. For him, he seems really slow behind the plate. He already has more passed balls this year than he had in each of the last two years, and his effort at blocking pitches in the dirt has been inconsistent.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:28 AM)
I really like how you switched it to he plays lazy now. Not that he is lazy.

I didn't switch the argument. Playing lazy is the only lazy that matters. It doesn't matter when you show up. It's the way you play on the field. AJ does lazy s*** all the time. It's the Iverson argument, but reverse. Iverson might be the last person to show up. He might skip practice. It doesn't matter because he played the hardest in the actual game. AJ doesn't play the hardest. He never has.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
With regards to AJ, I really don't care if he pretends to hustle to first on a routine ground ball to 2nd. For him, he seems really slow behind the plate. He already has more passed balls this year than he had in each of the last two years, and his effort at blocking pitches in the dirt has been inconsistent.

Maybe he shouldn't play every day

This game was on Ventura. Sale should have been pulled at the first sign of trouble.

If Santiago and Stewart are that unreliable get f***ing rid of them.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:37 AM)
I didn't switch the argument. Playing lazy is the only lazy that matters. It doesn't matter when you show up. It's the way you play on the field. AJ does lazy s*** all the time. It's the Iverson argument, but reverse. Iverson might be the last person to show up. He might skip practice. It doesn't matter because he played the hardest in the actual game. AJ doesn't play the hardest. He never has.

Why dont you tell the coaches that none of that matters. Im sure they would love to hear that. I should have told my commanding officer in ROTC that showing up on time and being in shape doesnt matter.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 06:39 AM)
Maybe he shouldn't play every day

This game was on Ventura. Sale should have been pulled at the first sign of trouble.

If Santiago and Stewart are that unreliable get f***ing rid of them.

I don't get why Ventura swapped roles and didn't use Jones to get out of the 6th inning instead of Crain. He definitely left Sale in way too long, which is concerning for a few reasons. It's not like it was a comfortable 100+ pitches he threw.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:40 AM)
Why dont you tell the coaches that none of that matters. Im sure they would love to hear that. I should have told my commanding officer in ROTC that showing up on time and being in shape doesnt matter.

This might be the dumbest counterpoint in the history of the internet. "If you're so smart, why don't you do it?" Derp derp derp. :lolhitting

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:45 AM)
This might be the dumbest counterpoint in the history of the internet. "If you're so smart, why don't you do it?" Derp derp derp. :lolhitting

Writing derp derp after that is much worse(and much more immature but that was expected from you). Its a pretty simple point. If none of that matters then why do coaches do it? Why did my ROTC commanding officer do it? For their personal enjoyment? It matters. Which is why no one in that organization would dare call AJ lazy.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:50 AM)
Writing derp derp after that is much worse(and much more immature but that was expected from you). Its a pretty simple point. If none of that matters then why do coaches do it? Why did my ROTC commanding officer do it? For their personal enjoyment? It matters. Which is why no one in that organization would dare call AJ lazy.

Dare? Ok. The Sox deal with AJ because he has value. He's durable. He has a great LH swing. They stuck with him when he was one of the worst defensive catchers in baseball, for years. He has value. That doesn't mean I can't call him lazy. Dude, he plays like he rolled his ankle, after every play. Seriously though, we won't agree. Let's just end it.

I see why some of you guys hate the media. I watched the "encore" segment of Chicago Tribune Live, and those guys are dicks. "Eh, the Sox aren't good." "Eh, Reinsodorf's cheap." Jesus, what a bunch of hacks. I don't watch sports media, ever, so that was hilarious.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:00 AM)
AJ might be the laziest ballplayer I've ever seen. I mean that. God, I hate him.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:04 AM)
I do agree with that and I've honestly been more upset with PK's laziness.

I think AJ not getting down on pitches could be helped if we rested him like a normal catcher

Two of our best players this season getting absolutely FRIED on soxtalk.

Wow.

Paulie lazy?? AJ lazy? Tough tough crowd here.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:29 AM)

At least this is a reasoned argument. If he is "slow" behind the plate, maybe Fisk disease is hitting him. Fisk couldn't catch a pitch in his last season. It was sad.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
Dare? Ok. The Sox deal with AJ because he has value. He's durable. He has a great LH swing. They stuck with him when he was one of the worst defensive catchers in baseball, for years. He has value. That doesn't mean I can't call him lazy. Dude, he plays like he rolled his ankle, after every play. Seriously though, we won't agree. Let's just end it.

I see why some of you guys hate the media. I watched the "encore" segment of Chicago Tribune Live, and those guys are dicks. "Eh, the Sox aren't good." "Eh, Reinsodorf's cheap." Jesus, what a bunch of hacks. I don't watch sports media, ever, so that was hilarious.

I didnt realize you were part of the sox organization

reading > you

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:58 AM)
I didnt realize you were part of the sox organization

reading > you

Another great intrawebz argument. "If you call your team "we," you think think you're part of the team." Jesus, dude, you're dry. Ever since I came back to the site, you've been riding my dick hard. Why? We can get along, friend. We're both Sox fans, right? Relaxy, killer. I'll except you at some point.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 01:03 AM)
Another great intrawebz argument. "If you call your team "we," you think think you're part of the team." Jesus, dude, you're dry. Ever since I came back to the site, you've been riding my dick hard. Why? We can get along, friend. We're both Sox fans, right? Relaxy, killer. I'll except you at some point.

Then maybe type it the correct way and you wont have this issue. What did you think was going to happen when trying to argue with me? Next time dont if you have nothing better to add then some dumb statements in quotes.