GT: Sox vs. Other Chicago Team @ 7:10 CT (CSN)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
Sigh.

Do I really need to spell out how stupid it is to DFA a guy for no reason other than you're frustrated again?

Do I really need to spell it out that Stewart has put up terrible numbers for three straight years (minors included)? Yes he could buck all of his career norms and turn into something serviceable, but then again unicorns could fly out of my ass off into the Chicago sunset.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
This team seems to embody the Alex Rios syndrome (Overpaid and underperforming). They tease you every other year for a short spell then crash back into reality.

:angry:

That's the way this team has been for like the past 4 seasons. What new.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Do I really need to spell it out that Stewart has put up terrible numbers for three straight years (minors included)? Yes he could buck all of his career norms and turn into something serviceable, but then again unicorns could fly out of my ass off into the Chicago sunset.

Great. So what are you using the 4 open 40 man spots for? Otherwise it would be insane to DFA a guy who has options left.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Great. So what are you using the 4 open 40 man spots for? Otherwise it would be insane to DFA a guy who has options left.

Way Stewart pitches he is not giving the Sox many options.............His numbers are just brutal.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:34 PM)
Way Stewart pitches he is not giving the Sox many options.............His numbers are just brutal.

Great. He's never even been at AAA before. So put him there and give him a year or two. He has plenty of options.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
Hudson just stands there!

Is it just me, or does Hudson look like he wants to hit a HR every time he's up there?

It doesn't look like he's thinking line drive, which is what he should be thinking every time given his limited power.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Kenny and the garbage picking approach to roster management. x player was great 7 years ago and is or might be designated for assignment.

Yes. What we should really do is go after Youkilis. That description doesn't apply to him at all.