GT: Sox vs. Other Chicago Team @ 7:10 CT (CSN)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Great. So what are you using the 4 open 40 man spots for? Otherwise it would be insane to DFA a guy who has options left.

it is insane to dfa a guy who is giving you nothing and with every pitch looks like he has less and less of a future with any big league team?

Your mancrush on him is irrational at this point. Face it, he sucks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Great. He's never even been at AAA before. So put him there and give him a year or two. He has plenty of options.

You act like sending him to AAA makes it all sunshine and rainbows. He is no good what more do you need to see 4 HR's against a s*** team.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Great. He's never even been at AAA before. So put him there and give him a year or two. He has plenty of options.

It's abundantly obvious to me that he has potential as an MLB pitcher. A sinking fastball north of 90 is a big weapon. Let him try to find it as a starting pitcher consistently, for the Charlotte Knights. He does our organization far more good than just about anyone else in that rotation down there.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
I dont think Kevin Youkillis would stare at a fastball down the middle for strike 3 with 2 men on base. But thats just me.

He's the Greek God of Walks. Something tells me he'll be looking at a ton of pitches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
Great. So what are you using the 4 open 40 man spots for? Otherwise it would be insane to DFA a guy who has options left.

You're right, whatever's left on Stewart's contract would really be better served being pissed away.

Hey, look, another home run.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
He's the Greek God of Walks. Something tells me he'll be looking at a ton of pitches.

No reason to look at Youkilis unless you're fond of first baseman caliber defense at third base

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)

Its pretty clear to me that his bat would be a huge upgrade. Hudson isnt cutting it right now.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
It's abundantly obvious to me that he has potential as an MLB pitcher. A sinking fastball north of 90 is a big weapon. Let him try to find it as a starting pitcher consistently, for the Charlotte Knights. He does our organization far more good than just about anyone else in that rotation down there.

Is he better than the last sinker baller with similar stuff that we picked up from new York in the swisher trade.

Stewart is on team only for KW ego because trade of EJ now looking 100% worthless! 40 man roster is irrelavant who cares how many spots Sox have.

I just wanted to put up something like this. Kenny's ego with these terrible trades is just setting us back years. And who the hell is doing the talent eval?

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
Its pretty clear to me that his bat would be a huge upgrade. Hudson isnt cutting it right now.

His OPS in june is .440. Hudson is at .585 with the Sox. Youkilis has been awful since last July.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
Stewart is on team only for KW ego because trade of EJ now looking 100% worthless! 40 man roster is irrelavant who cares how many spots Sox have.

No. It would benefit KW more to have him in the minor leagues where he can either get better and help us later or be forgotten.