2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy how things don't get the Hawks down. The bad call vs Detroit, screw it, win in OT. Last night with the soft goal at the end of regulation, screw it, we'll win in 2OT.

Wednesday: Bruins at Blackhawks, 7 p.m., Ch. 5

Saturday: Bruins at Blackhawks, 7 p.m., NBCS

Monday: Blackhawks at Bruins, 7 p.m., NBCS

June 19 Blackhawks at Bruins, 7 p.m., Ch. 5

*June 22 Bruins at Blackhawks, 7 p.m., Ch. 5

*June 24 Blackhawks at Bruins, 7 p.m., Ch. 5

*June 26 Bruins at Blackhawks, 7 p.m., Ch. 5

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 10:34 AM)
OMG I CAN'T FIND THE CHANNEL WITH MY RABBIT EARS

I know what channel it is but the fact that every game of a finals series of a major sport is not on network TV is lame. What does NBC have on those nights? Reruns of Law & Order?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
I know what channel it is but the fact that every game of a finals series of a major sport is not on network TV is lame. What does NBC have on those nights? Reruns of Law & Order?

No one cares about network TV anymore.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
No one cares about network TV anymore.

True, but it's still the best way to get exposure for now. It's not like NBCSN is ESPN or TNT, yet.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 9, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
True, but it's still the best way to get exposure for now. It's not like NBCSN is ESPN or TNT, yet.

It's a pretty major channel by now, if someone's at all into hockey. Plus, this is one way to help it get more credibility. TNT isn't exactly thought of as a sports channel first.

They've been doing this for years, whatever cable channel carried the regular season and playoffs usually gets 2 games at some point in the SCF. Happened when it was versus, used to happen with ESPN/ABC agreement, etc.

If people want to watch the games, they'll find it, even if it's on MTV54. The ratings will be good enough that I don't care if some backwoods family in Alabama doesn't tune into game 2 because they don't have the channel.

I have no means to get NBCSN in HD, so it's incredibly frustrating that we've been stuck on there. We had one game on CNBC, at least I get that in HD.

Anyways,

BMVNOP7CQAIuakZ.jpg

NBC is still trying to build up the NBCSN so of course there will be some games on there. The fact that there's just 2 games on cable is pretty good though. It seemed like it use to be only weekend games would be on NBC and weeknight games were on Versus/Outdoor/etc.

Might suck if youre in a hotel that doesnt carry NBCSN though. When I was in Dallas 2 weekends ago I didnt have that channel but the hotel I was in Jacksonville 3 days later did. But if having the Stanley Cup Final on NBCSN means that station can grow then I'm all for it. The more live sports channels the better as far as I'm concerned. Plus NBC has been a pretty good thing for the NHL.

Whatever you do, dont count on the NBC Live app for your cell working well enough that you can go to the baseball game and watch the hockey game from your phone. That app is useless and choppy as hell. Nothing like the Watch ESPN app.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
Why you don't voluntarily schedule anything in advance for the last two weeks of June.

The stupid lockout threw everything off. The Finals against Philly started Memorial Day weekend.