2012-2013 Official NHL thread

They are helping my hood make TONS of money right now, its good for the city and the team. Since the beginning of time fans have liked good teams, Boston included. Every single Patriot fan is bandwagon.

Yeah, even Putin :>

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 09:17 AM)
Giving a bit of history it was because Fathom had an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs that kept ruining the regular baseball thread. For that reason it was separated to its own thread so we didn't have to hear about the Cubs were going to win sooner than the White Sox for the last 10 years or so.

Fixed

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
Least surprising news of the day:

ESPN Chicago@ESPNChiHawks

Stalberg with Kruger and Frolik on the fourth line. Bollig out

Hope it pays off tonight.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)
Hope it pays off tonight.

I have no idea what Quenneville's issues are with Stalberg ( effort , not enough hitting) but am glad he is back in there. The Hawks advantage is speed and playing Bollig was playing into Boston's hand. Having Handzus and Bollig playing key roles is suspect. Go with the guys who got you to this point and stick with them. The game 2 loss is squarely on Coach Q especially after 3 OT's and having fresh legs like Stalberg's available.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Very pleased to see Stalberg back and Bollig out. Hawks needs to play to their strengths. Hitting and being physical isn't their bread and butter. They need Stalberg and his speed to help offensive chances.

The more I think about it the more confused I get about the Bollig decision knowing Q could have chosen Stalberg, Carcillo even Jamal Mayers . I'd rather have Carcillo or Mayers over Bollig just based on playoff experience alone.

Bollig was one of very few Hawks with a is minus in the +/- ratings and led the team in PIM . Stalberg was tied for 5th in +/- . Even Carcillo would have been a better choice. He goes to the front of the net, is an energy guy , has playoff experience and one of those guys who can throw an opponent off his game with his rowdiness.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 06:29 PM)
The more I think about it the more confused I get about the Bollig decision knowing Q could have chosen Stalberg, Carcillo even Jamal Mayers . I'd rather have Carcillo or Mayers over Bollig just based on playoff experience alone.

IMO, I'd rather have John Scott than Carcillo. I can't stand that guy, both in his lack of skills, and his dirty style of play.

I think Q took Bollig over Stalberg for a couple reasons. 1, Stalberg has had a bad playoffs. Not that he was doing a lot of things wrong, but he just wasn't doing much of anything. He was invisible. 2, Stalberg has been in Q's doghouse recently, and I think he was going to be the first to go if Q wanted size, and 3, Q wanted size for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
IMO, I'd rather have John Scott than Carcillo. I can't stand that guy, both in his lack of skills, and his dirty style of play.

I think Q took Bollig over Stalberg for a couple reasons. 1, Stalberg has had a bad playoffs. Not that he was doing a lot of things wrong, but he just wasn't doing much of anything. He was invisible. 2, Stalberg has been in Q's doghouse recently, and I think he was going to be the first to go if Q wanted size, and 3, Q wanted size for whatever reason.

Carcillo brings a lot more to the table than Bollig plus he didnt have all that many penalties during the year and made a conscious effort to clean up his game. But that being said he's more of a pest like Bolland but not likely to see him at all so it's mute .

Stalberg is a big guy so wanting just size didnt matter . Bollig had 0 hits during the 2nd game.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
Carcillo brings a lot more to the table than Bollig plus he didnt have all that many penalties during the year and made a conscious effort to clean up his game. But that being said he's more of a pest like Bolland but not likely to see him at all so it's mute .

Stalberg is a big guy so wanting just size didnt matter . Bollig had 0 hits during the 2nd game.

I would LOVE it if Stalberg ends up with 4 or 5 hits tonight. Show Q that he can be just as physical as Bollig, yet actually posses offensive skills.

I prefer Stalberg over Bollig, but this is a lot of fuss over the last guy on the roster. This is like debating Casper Wells vs Tyler Greene. If it comes down to that guy, something went wrong. Just like in Game 2, the fact that it came down to Bollig was just the end result of giving up the game in the first period and getting outplayed down the stretch. I hope Stalberg kicks some ass and we can think about the bigger picture.