2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
And the Flames got next to nothing for him in return, ouch.

I'm glad the Hawks abstained - the last thing we need is another salary cap mess the moment things are looking up again. Our acquisitions can be the return of Hossa (soon) and Sharp (eventually) to the lineup.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
I'm glad the Hawks abstained - the last thing we need is another salary cap mess the moment things are looking up again. Our acquisitions can be the return of Hossa (soon) and Sharp (eventually) to the lineup.

I agree to a point. If you win a stanley cup with him, it's worth another cap mess. 2 Stanley cups in 3 years is something you don't pass up.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
I agree to a point. If you win a stanley cup with him, it's worth another cap mess. 2 Stanley cups in 3 years is something you don't pass up.

If he fits this year, there is no mess. He is a FA after this year anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 03:03 PM)
If he fits this year, there is no mess. He is a FA after this year anyway.

Oh, well then. Anyway I think our team will be fine if it goes into playoffs healthy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 08:14 AM)
Wow, f***ing stacked. Hawks/Penguins SC final will be a classic this summer!

This won't happen. It's never #1 vs #1 seeds.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Hawks need a second line center and more importantly someone that can win a face-off.

I wonder if Sharp gets the call as the Hawks have more than enough depth at wing.

Or at least a C who can win a draw. Bolland has to be better, yes, but getting a guy like Boyd Gordon/Steve Ott/Antoine Vermette who can come in after an icing and win a draw is absolutely necessary.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 10:11 AM)
I'd rather have another Center than a winger anyway. Derek Roy of Dallas? He is an UFA and the Stars may be open for business.

I doubt Dallas will trade with a team who will be in their division for the next 10 years (at least) but even if so, Roy can't win a faceoff to save his life.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
As an impending FA, there isn't much to get. That said, I wonder what the Hawks interest level even was.

It was still really low, even factoring that in. Essentially got a 2nd round pick for him.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
Hawks need a second line center and more importantly someone that can win a face-off.

I wonder if Sharp gets the call as the Hawks have more than enough depth at wing.

True, but a guy like Iginla is a huge add, if you can't get the guy who fits best.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 10:40 AM)
Also, Penguins are clearly the "favorite" for the Cup now. Few weeks ago no one saw that leaving the Hawks.

Are you guys just forgetting about the Ducks. They are pretty damn good too.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
Are you guys just forgetting about the Ducks. They are pretty damn good too.

No doubt they are good, right there with the Hawks. But on paper, after this week's acquisitions and their streak, they hold that #1 spot.

TFP is reporting that the Hawks are very interested in Keith Yandle and would send Hjalmarsson, a prospect and a pick to Phoenix for him.

For me, that move doesn't help the Hawks. Yandle makes more and Hjalmarsson's been pretty damn good this year.

Maybe they're thinking small on a C and will just go after Steve Ott.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
TFP is reporting that the Hawks are very interested in Keith Yandle and would send Hjalmarsson, a prospect and a pick to Phoenix for him.

For me, that move doesn't help the Hawks. Yandle makes more and Hjalmarsson's been pretty damn good this year.

Maybe they're thinking small on a C and will just go after Steve Ott.

Keith Yandle is extremely talented and would further support the Hawks as a team that starts the break from their own goal line. He's about twice the player that IKEA is; do not be silly.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
Keith Yandle is extremely talented and would further support the Hawks as a team that starts the break from their own goal line. He's about twice the player that IKEA is; do not be silly.

I never said Yandle isn't extremely talented or wouldn't help. My point is, I'd much rather have a forward. Leddy is up for a deal after the year and will likely command $3-3.5/year. If they're going to do that, he'll be their 5th D-man making that much. I'd much rather move him up with Oduya and get a forward for Hjalmarsson at year's end. For now, I'd rather trade picks or prospects for a forward.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 28, 2013 -> 11:28 AM)
LOL @ Tuukka Rask

raskbwahahaha.gif

I think he's really trying to keep his emotions in check now that he's a starter. He's almost done that a few times this year but has pulled up. This is my favorite Tuukka moment:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 08:50 AM)
Sid the Kid takes a puck to the face and hass his jaw broken. No concussion symptoms, but out 4-6 weeks. Sucks for hockey, he was back to his MVP form this year.

Yeah it's terrible. He's having one of the best offensive seasons in a long time. Far and away the best player in the league. Just hope he's back in time for the playoffs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Good trade for us. Looks like Bolig sent down.

:huh: wtf :huh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-dad...09137--nhl.html

Give Michal Handzus credit, because we hear it’s quite difficult to skate when you have a fork stuck in you. Which is a crude and roundabout way of saying the 36-year-old San Jose Sharks center is done.

Don’t expect a point-per-game pace from Handzus. Actually, don’t expect offense at all: He has 1 goal and 1 assist in 28 games, good for an 0.07 points-per-game average.

But he does win faceoffs.