2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
Of course LeBron taking the headband off didn't really mean anything. One, he just looks strange without it (lol@that hairline). Two, you could see a guy that was just desperate and said f*** it. Totally unlike '11 when he looked like he pretty much gave up.

It was like watching Grandmama actually dominate an NBA game.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:42 AM)
Of course LeBron taking the headband off didn't really mean anything. One, he just looks strange without it (lol@that hairline). Two, you could see a guy that was just desperate and said f*** it. Totally unlike '11 when he looked like he pretty much gave up.

Yep, time to get out the bic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
Ya the calls at the end of the game don't bother me at all. Parker being on the bench does.

I think he was just exhausted...you could see him getting a bit wild towards the end of reg and the beginning of OT...I was thinking I would sit him down too right before Pop did it, but I didn't think he actually would...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:22 PM)
The refs weren't good but they were fair. There were different stretches where each team got calls tonight and there is no way I give Ginobili that call when he takes like 5 steps and was completely out of control when the contact wasn't egregious.

Yeah, I think the same thing...he basically just put his head down and ran from the three point line to the middle of the lane and all Ray Allen did was sort of scrape at his arm...Ginobli being out of control sort of negated the contact by Allen in my view...

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
I had no problem with them as no-calls, but the refs missed two pretty blatant fouls on the Spurs last two possessions. Bosh hacked Green on that last play too.

And the Spurs got away with some blantant hacks too. For the most part, they let them play on both ends, and that's what we'd all want to see if it didn't involve the Heat.

Everyone needs to pull away from the Heat hate and just enjoy a great game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 07:25 AM)
I had no problem with them as no-calls, but the refs missed two pretty blatant fouls on the Spurs last two possessions. Bosh hacked Green on that last play too.

The last few minutes in both regulation and OT were pretty much WWE wrestling matches...unless you hit someone with a chair, they weren't calling much. I don't care for it, but they called it that way for both sides. If you were going to score, you had to earn it, not just drive the lane looking for contact and then throw up some s***.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:23 AM)
Yeah, I think the same thing...he basically just put his head down and ran from the three point line to the middle of the lane and all Ray Allen did was sort of scrape at his arm...Ginobli being out of control sort of negated the contact by Allen in my view...

I still don't understand how that wasn't traveling. ( I guess I don't watch much NBA though)

You know what is weird, I thought Parker being on the bench at the end was a defense in/offense out strategy like the Bulls usually did with Boozer at the end of games. But then Ginobli got the ball and started running up the court with the ball and no timeout was called, and then I had no damn idea what Pops was doing

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
I still don't understand how that wasn't traveling. ( I guess I don't watch much NBA though)

Even by the NBAs loose travelling standards, that was travelling. And that is why a foul wasnt called

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 07:30 AM)
You know what is weird, I thought Parker being on the bench at the end was a defense in/offense out strategy like the Bulls usually did with Boozer at the end of games. But then Ginobli got the ball and started running up the court with the ball and no timeout was called, and then I had no damn idea what Pops was doing

I think it was, but then Manu going to the rack is usually a pretty good option for them, so I think Pop figured he would let him go to the hole.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 02:23 AM)
And if John Paxson doesn't hit the three in '93 who knows what happens (game 7 would be on the road)? If Rodman doesn't gobble up every rebound in site in games 2 and 6 in 1996 vs the Sonics what happens? If the Jazz don't get screwed out of 5 points in game 6 in '98 (with Pippen being all but done with a bad back and game 7 would be on the road) what happens? The Jordan myth has become bigger than reality, which is pathetic because the reality is already THAT good. Jordan never had a bad game. Jordan never got outplayed. Jordan never had a bad series. It's pretty pathetic now. The pressure LeBron has on him is unprecedented. Is some of it deserved? Yes. Not one, not two, not three, etc, was not the best thing he could've said. But the internet, social media, 24-hour news cycles, 8 billion blogs, etc, etc, dwarfs anything Michael or anybody before him had to go through. If LeBron wins, yeah, he's great, but he had to join two other stars. If LeBron loses, hahahaha, LeBron sucks, no matter what the other two do.

I agree with what you say to a point, but I don't recall Jordan ever single handedly losing a playoff game (let alone a Finals game) by being too tentative in the last few minutes or by making moronic decisions with the basketball. He never no-showed in Finals games. He never whined to the refs about not getting calls as the other team ran down the court and scored. He never had a 30-10-10 game that felt like it was really a 15-5 game in terms of impact on the outcome.

And Jordan had no comparative pressure? Are you insane? He was 10 times bigger than Lebron James will ever be. He was basketball for the entire world. The difference? He consistently delivered whereas Lebron does not. Who cares about blogs or tweets or anything like that. Lebron does't read all that crap and never gets exposed to it.

I totally agree that the expectations for Lebron are totally unrealistic and too much of the blame gets put on him when he makes one or two bad plays in an otherwise amazing game. HOWEVA, that's because he has yet to reach his full potential and it's so painfully obvious to anyone that watches him play. He sucked for 3 quarters last night and then went into beast mode and destroyed everyone in his way for 5 minutes (before pissing down his league and getting bailed out by the Spurs and Allen). Why does it take his team being down 10 with a quarter to go for him to turn on a switch? He says he's the best but he plays like it only in spurts despite the fact that he has the talent and physical abilities to do it all the time. And because of his decision/personality/whatever that makes him play that way, it has cost his team not only games but CHAMPIONSHIPS. That is why he should never, ever be compared to the other greats in NBA history.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)
I think it was, but then Manu going to the rack is usually a pretty good option for them, so I think Pop figured he would let him go to the hole.

I don't really get why Pop is getting heat for not putting Parker in. Do people have amnesia? Parker was totally gassed and was shut down on two straight possessions.

The only thing I can blame Pop for is not having Duncan in the game to rebound, but even then he has a good reason. The Heat went small and Pop wanted to switch on every screen to keep the Heat from getting wide open 3's. The rebound just took an unlucky bounce and Allen hit an insane shot.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
And the Spurs got away with some blantant hacks too. For the most part, they let them play on both ends, and that's what we'd all want to see if it didn't involve the Heat.

Oh I agree completely, that's why I said I didn't mind.

---

Somehwat relevant, I don't think you can trust Manu right now, as he played terrible again. Game 7 is going to fall on him a lot. LBJ, Duncan, Parker, and to some extent Bosh and Wade will get their's, but if Manu shows up, it's going to be tough for Miami to do much.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
Oh I agree completely, that's why I said I didn't mind.

---

Somehwat relevant, I don't think you can trust Manu right now, as he played terrible again. Game 7 is going to fall on him a lot. LBJ, Duncan, Parker, and to some extent Bosh and Wade will get their's, but if Manu shows up, it's going to be tough for Miami to do much.

Yeah, I don't know about Wade. He looked like the broke dick dog from Family Guy last night. I think it was zoom that suggested that Miller/Allen start game 7. I think I agree.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)

The decision that no one is talking about was the review of the Allen three at the end of regulation. In that situation, the easiest way for the Spurs to score is to inbound and go before Miami can set its defense and hope to get a good look in semi transition. As neither team had a timeout, that review gave the Heat the ability to set their defense without the ball being advanced.

With that being said, hats off to the Heat for pulling out an absolutely epic game. Lebron's 4th quarter (until Wade came back in and Spoelstra immediately ran a post up for Wade out of a timeout) was absolutely incredible. Hope Game 7 delivers...

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:48 AM)
Yeah, I don't know about Wade. He looked like the broke dick dog from Family Guy last night. I think it was zoom that suggested that Miller/Allen start game 7. I think I agree.

He looked slow and beat up, but he can still work within the lane, beat a guy one on one, and draw fouls.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:34 AM)

Manu having the ball is just a bad option at this point. Yes, he was terrific in game 5 but outside of that he has been an awful player in the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:42 AM)
I don't really get why Pop is getting heat for not putting Parker in. Do people have amnesia? Parker was totally gassed and was shut down on two straight possessions.

The only thing I can blame Pop for is not having Duncan in the game to rebound, but even then he has a good reason. The Heat went small and Pop wanted to switch on every screen to keep the Heat from getting wide open 3's. The rebound just took an unlucky bounce and Allen hit an insane shot.

Because benching your best player on the last 2 possessions of the game when you have a chance to win a championship is absolutely insane.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)

Manu is "losing it" in front of us in real-time on the biggest stage. He's a turnover machine providing very few sparks on offense (save game 5). If I'm Poppovich, I bench him with very little thought for Game 7.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 09:54 AM)
The decision that no one is talking about was the review of the Allen three at the end of regulation. In that situation, the easiest way for the Spurs to score is to inbound and go before Miami can set its defense and hope to get a good look in semi transition. As neither team had a timeout, that review gave the Heat the ability to set their defense without the ball being advanced.

So are you suggesting that the Spurs would have been better off with no review? Pops was calling for the damn thing, and it NEEDED to be reviewed. Also, Van Gundy pointed out that it also gave the Spurs time to draw up a play.

People need to stop spinning everything just to hate on the Heat and the refs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:06 AM)
So are you suggesting that the Spurs would have been better off with no review? Pops was calling for the damn thing, and it NEEDED to be reviewed. Also, Van Gundy pointed out that it also gave the Spurs time to draw up a play.

Actually, I think Pop was pretty pissed...he was screaming "you can't do that" at the refs after they stopped play.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 10:06 AM)

I actually think Pop was yelling at the refs for calling the review because it allowed Miami to set up their defense. But under the current replay rules it was the right call to be made...no conspiracy, just a s***ty system.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 19, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
Manu having the ball is just a bad option at this point. Yes, he was terrific in game 5 but outside of that he has been an awful player in the playoffs.

Because benching your best player on the last 2 possessions of the game when you have a chance to win a championship is absolutely insane.

I dunno...Parker was completely wiped...I'm not sure he had anything left in the tank...and Manu...this is not new for him...he's been a wild card for the entire playoffs...but one thing he usually does do pretty well is go to the hole in crunch time. He's very good at taking contact or using the off hand. I don't think it was a terrible decision.

I had no idea who Chael Sonnen was until I came across this article. But he apparently hates LeBron James.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1677741...th-lebron-james

B/R: You versus LeBron James at UFC 200. Who wins the fight, and how?

CS: He’d run away faster than his hairline. His hair went North, his talents went South, and his mother went West.

LMAO. That's the burn of the 21st century. Nobody will ever top this.

I'm thinkin' this guy snaked this from somebody. Kevin Hart or Mike Epps couldn't come up with something this epic.

Edited by Jordan4life