2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 12:46 AM)
I'm not. Not unless LeBron dies (that overpass almost took him out). The Bulls have 90's Pacers, Knicks, and Jazz written all over them.

I understand that The Heat won the ship this year and they are the number one team in the NBA, but if this season showed me anything is teams are closer than they have been before to catching them.

The f***ing Pacers took them to 7 games and Spurs well we all know what happened.

Not trying to discredit the Heat, but they are not light years ahead of everyone else.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 01:06 AM)
I understand that The Heat won the ship this year and they are the number one team in the NBA, but if this season showed me anything is teams are closer than they have been before to catching them.

The f***ing Pacers took them to 7 games and Spurs well we all know what happened.

Not trying to discredit the Heat, but they are not light years ahead of everyone else.

They won 66 games (27 game winning streak). They won with Wade almost crippled and Bosh putting up 12 and 7 in the playoffs. Is that the hope next year? That Wade is hurt again and Bosh continues to be a 6'10 Steve Kerr? That's just not good enough. That's loser thinking. You can't go into '14 praying Wade/Bosh will be as mediocre.

Edited by Jordan4life

None of the trades seem likely to make the Bulls overall better. Pretty simple. If you're going to do such a significant shakeup, LaMarcus Aldridge is not enough. He's not good enough and he's not in the right position. I'd think about it if it was a player of his caliber that was a good shooting 2 guard that can create, then we'd be talking.

Right now, I'm happy to move forward with this core that has only played together once. They very well may be quite a bit better than they were in 2011 and they were pretty damn good back then. Jimmy Butler is likely to be a huge lift as the starting 2 as he is a nice mixture of the positives of Ronnie Brewer, Keith Bogans, and Korver. He is the least like Korver, obviously, but he knocks down shots better than Bogans or Brewer to be sure.

Jimmy Butler is fast becoming the most overrated player in the NBA (far as Soxtalk goes). He's a piece. Not the difference. Stop it. The Bulls need another star. That's the only way in the 2007+ nba (and that might not even be enough).

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 02:22 AM)
Jimmy Butler is fast becoming the most overrated player in the NBA (far as Soxtalk goes). He's a piece. Not the difference. Stop it. The Bulls need another star. That's the only way in the 2007+ nba (and that might not even be enough).

Do you mean 1980+ nba? It's pretty much always been a star's league with a few exceptions scattered in. There was even an exception in your 2007+ period (which we have gone over a bunch of times, but you always seem to forget).

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 03:22 AM)

Is "Lamarcus Aldridge" that other star?

What's really awesome about this thread right now is that we can talk all kinds of trash about the "regular posters" and they can't say anything back. And then when they try and call us on it in a different thread, we can be all "quit calling people out from other threads or we'll banstick your booty."

With that said, Steve has garlic cheese bread breath