2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 04:06 PM)
And the Jordan myth continues to grow..... :o

back then the dollar was worth more, and people used cash more, so it doesnt mean as much now as it did then

Cops: No charges for ex-Bull Pippen over fight at Malibu restaurant

"He came in to be interviewed, he's been cooperative," said Whitmore.

By Monday afternoon Pippen had been questioned by police where he was cooperative, said Whitmore. Pippen was allowed to leave without being charged, said Whitmore.

"Mr. Pippen will not be arrested, there's more here than meets the eye," said Whitmore.

Pippen had been formally named as a suspect in the physcial altercation and was facing possible charges of assault with intent to cause great bodily injury, Whitmore said. Whitmore said the investigation was continuing.

He's an Autobot!!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
back then the dollar was worth more, and people used cash more, so it doesnt mean as much now as it did then

Yeah, it was a garbage era back then, not like nowadays...so overrrated.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 03:02 PM)
They certainly are a creative group.

It's not unreasonable if they can get Deng at slightly below market rate right now. Butler becomes the main option at SG over the next 2 years, Boozer gets amnesthitized next offseason to clear enough money to bring Mirotic over. They'd be in a spot of maintaining a solid starting rotation for a couple years until Butler needed to be extended and they'd have a shot at the East each of those years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
a3fbef74-3532-4f0f-b28c-05019ee55924_leb

Ok, I have to admit that would've been funny af had he got knocked the f*** out. That was pretty close.

I dont know how funny that would be. That could have been pretty bad

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:32 PM)
I dont know how funny that would be. That could have been pretty bad

They were trying to be cute and it almost backfired. Accidents are one thing. When people get jacked up being wreckless or trying to be cool or whatever, I laugh.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
They certainly are a creative group.

Why they would do that is beyond me. Deng's a nice complimentary piece, but he's not the piece the Bulls need to get to the next level.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
Bulls are apparently interested in Thomas Robinson with speculation that it could be a large deal.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013...homas-robinson/

I'd assume the large deal would also have to include Carlos or Taj.

Thibs gets the best out of his players and Robinson has a ton of talent.

How would they get the salaries to match?

I've been trying to figure out a scenario that makes sense....Cleveland is also one of the teams said to be interested in Thomas Robinson. Now the NBA trade machine won't let me do this because they haven't accounted for all the money Cleveland is freeing up via FA yet so I just don't know if this is possible or not.

What about this scenario....

Bulls get the #1 pick

Houston gets the trade execption (if thats how that works)..

Cleveland gets Robinson and Deng

Cleveland is far enough under the cap that they could do such a deal. Houston only wants to clear space to offer Dwight a max contract. The Bulls then get the #1 pick and can go with a Rose/McLemore/Butler/Boozer/Noah or Rose/Butler/Porter/Boozer/Noah starting 5....But they also lose their trade exception and would be forced into a couple vet minimum players playing a role off the bench.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
KC Johnson says that the Bulls have stated they are not trading Deng. Because, you know, stuff

The Bulls front office is so f***ing boring and conservative. They're like the NBA version of a prude.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013062...orts/706259711/

Aldridge wants out of Portland and wants in on the Bulls. I don't see how we can pull it off. We'd have to trade Deng + Boozer. The thing is, why would Portland want Deng and maybe a 20 in this year's pick for Aldridge if they're rebuilding. You'd think they'd rather get a much higher pick and a good young player that isn't expiring.

I really like Aldridge, but is he THAT big of an upgrade over Boozer? I don't like Boozer much, but let's be realistic here.

Booz was putting up .550 TS% and plays a similar type of game to Aldridge before this year. The only reason we hated Boozer was for his defense and his playoff disappearances. The problem is that Aldridge isn't much more efficient than Boozer on offense, probably won't play much better defense, and doesn't have a great playoff resume himself. He is 4 years younger, so there's that. But I don't know if I'd empty the bank for Aldridge with Mirotic on the way. And we sure as hell shouldn't be even thinking of giving up Joakim for him.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 02:47 PM)
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013062...orts/706259711/

Aldridge wants out of Portland and wants in on the Bulls. I don't see how we can pull it off. We'd have to trade Deng + Boozer. The thing is, why would Portland want Deng and maybe a 20 in this year's pick for Aldridge if they're rebuilding. You'd think they'd rather get a much higher pick and a good young player that isn't expiring.

I really like Aldridge, but is he THAT big of an upgrade over Boozer? I don't like Boozer much, but let's be realistic here.

Booz was putting up .550 TS% and plays a similar type of game to Aldridge before this year. The only reason we hated Boozer was for his defense and his playoff disappearances. The problem is that Aldridge isn't much more efficient than Boozer on offense, probably won't play much better defense, and doesn't have a great playoff resume himself. He is 4 years younger, so there's that. But I don't know if I'd empty the bank for Aldridge with Mirotic on the way.

The bolded makes no sense. Deng + Boozer = nearly $30 million next year, Aldridge = $13 million.

Deng or Boozer straight up would match the salaries.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
The bolded makes no sense. Deng + Boozer = nearly $30 million next year, Aldridge = $13 million.

Deng or Boozer straight up would match the salaries.

Portland doesn't want Boozer. I honestly don't think they want Deng either given that they have a better player in Batum.

So having Boozer + Aldridge on the same team makes no sense. They'd have to trade Boozer too (or amnesty).

Edited by chw42