Club Level Seating @ The Cell

southsidepride15

My Mother is a huge Sox fan and I want to take her to Elvis night, Aug 3rd vs. the Angels. I see where I can snag some Club Level (Sec 318) seats for about $75 per ticket. My question is, have any of you sat in the Club Level recently, and if so what are the pros/cons??

They have their own vendors? They have an AC bar or restaurant? Their own bathrooms? How's the view?

Any input is much appreciated!! :gosox1:

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
My Mother is a huge Sox fan and I want to take her to Elvis night, Aug 3rd vs. the Angels. I see where I can snag some Club Level (Sec 318) seats for about $75 per ticket. My question is, have any of you sat in the Club Level recently, and if so what are the pros/cons??

They have their own vendors? They have an AC bar or restaurant? Their own bathrooms? How's the view?

Any input is much appreciated!! :gosox1:

When I was there the food was good and the view is the best in the park.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
When I was there the food was good and the view is the best in the park.

Was there a menu? I heard something about having "your own" (your section I would suppose) waiter/waitress who will bring food and drinks. Any truth to that?

If it's any help SSP15 I was there with my mom Sunday sitting in 544, first row on the rail and the view was spectacular from where WE were. I kept looking down at the club level people just below us and we finally agreed--we gotta try those seats!

Yes they have their own, nicer bathrooms on that level. The food I don't what the deal is. I'm pretty sure though that you can't go downstairs and get the vendor food (corn off the cob, churros, etc.) and that it's more of a set menu like the skyboxes. Someone else can help you out there.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
Was there a menu? I heard something about having "your own" (your section I would suppose) waiter/waitress who will bring food and drinks. Any truth to that?

100% true. You can also order your food/drinks inside where there is AC. The bathrooms are indoors as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
100% true. You can also order your food/drinks inside where there is AC. The bathrooms are indoors as well.

All this, and its really quite nice. I've done it a couple times. I wouldn't do it a lot or do season tickets because it is so much more expensive, but, for an occasional treat, totally worth it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
All this, and its really quite nice. I've done it a couple times. I wouldn't do it a lot or do season tickets because it is so much more expensive, but, for an occasional treat, totally worth it.

Yeah, it's her 65th B-day (sshhhhh, she doesn't look a day over 50) so that was kind of the idea. Thanks for all your comments, I think you guys have me sold already! :gosox2:

When I go to games, 90% of the time I go to the club level. It's far less crowded, and everything is nicer...that said, it's also more expensive.

You don't even need to get up to buy food/drinks...they have waiters/waitresses that will bring you exactly what you want.

If it rains, you can go indoors and be dry...have some drinks in relative privacy.

No waiting in line for food/beer/bathrooms, either.

If you can afford it, it's well worth it.

The biggest plus is the temperature-controlled concourse, especially if it's a very hot or very cold day.

Second biggest plus is the limited access to that level--it will never be very crowded.

Another bonus is that you have a server who comes to your section to take food and drink orders.

Only real downsides are that you of course are not as close to the field as the 100 level, and that there is a better food selection on the 100 level.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)

The biggest plus is the temperature-controlled concourse, especially if it's a very hot or very cold day.

Second biggest plus is the limited access to that level--it will never be very crowded.

Another bonus is that you have a server who comes to your section to take food and drink orders.

Only real downsides are that you of course are not as close to the field as the 100 level, and that there is a better food selection on the 100 level.

So with a 300 level ticket....is it the same as a 500 level ticket in terms of I will NOT be able to access the 100 level AT ALL during the game??

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:02 PM)
So with a 300 level ticket....is it the same as a 500 level ticket in terms of I will NOT be able to access the 100 level AT ALL during the game??

300 peeps are considered above 100 peeps, who are considered above 500 peeps.

So yes, you can go to 500 or 100 without issues.

Edit: The day you buy a 300 seat, you've become a Sox 1%'er and an elitist.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)

I know we sat in the Club Level back in like '93 when we were still rockin' the old sky blue seats. Just been so long I didn't know what was what up there anymore. I guess I didn't buy those seats myself though, so this would officially put me in the 1%. :lolhitting

When I lived in Chicago and went to 10+ games per year, it was always one game per year in the 300 level and the rest in the 100 level, because I'd rather be able to afford to go to more games.

Now that I live 300 miles away and only get to 2-3 games per year anyway, they're almost always in the 300 level.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Just make sure that when you're sitting in club level and a foul ball approaches, make sure you drop it every time. Why? Because EVERYBODY ELSE ON THAT LEVEL ALWAYS DOES...

Nice. Won't be bringing a glove, but I will try and do my best Kevin Mitchell and do away with the perception that the 1%'ers can't catch for s***. :P

I had season tickets in the club level sec 329. IMO, the best seats in the park. There is a bar down the LF line. The concourse is heated and air conditioned depending on the weather. They have concession stands and other stands like a dessert cart, but you can order from your seats, you do have a server, and if you plan to be dropping some money, you can run a tab. Its a Levy menu, not Sportservice, so it is a higher quality. One thing I would beware of is if you're going to be drinking beer, the first one of the night is usually pretty flat. I think its probably from the keg from a previous game. I would get a bottle first and then they should be on to the fresh stuff when you are ready for $2.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
I had season tickets in the club level sec 329. IMO, the best seats in the park. There is a bar down the LF line. The concourse is heated and air conditioned depending on the weather. They have concession stands and other stands like a dessert cart, but you can order from your seats, you do have a server, and if you plan to be dropping some money, you can run a tab. Its a Levy menu, not Sportservice, so it is a higher quality. One thing I would beware of is if you're going to be drinking beer, the first one of the night is usually pretty flat. I think its probably from the keg from a previous game. I would get a bottle first and then they should be on to the fresh stuff when you are ready for $2.

Thanks for the tips :notworthy

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
I saw a game once from the club level and did not like it. I did not get the same feel of atmosphere that I do in my normal seats and I would much rather the style of 100 level seats rather than club level. Site lines are good however.

The food is brought to you not the same fare as in the lower or upper level. you crave a brat with sauteed onions and peppers is not on the menu. It seems more claustrophobic. I like seeing the fans.

Last year opening day was the first time I sat club level, I haven't sat anywhere else since. The thought of sitting out in the sun, mixed in with the common folk and sweating like an animal makes me cringe.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)

I disagree on the food. The club level food is 100 times better than the 100/500 level concessions. Levy kicks ass.

They have a foot long polish that is insanely good and only $7.50.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 03:05 PM)

I call BS on this. the Club Level is cheaper than PREMIUM LOWER BOX(which is on the 100 level). And dont forget the scout seats are on the 100 level as well.