When will Konerko be...Konerko?

macsandz

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)
"and theres a hit by paulie,what new" i miss hearing hawk say that.

Or..."Look at this....is that sweet or what?"

But honestly, no one can answer this. We just have to be patient. Remember when people were honestly weighing his chances at .400? I told them to calm down, he will probably end up around .320 this year. And presto, it happened.

As the old saying in sports go.... "When you are going good, you aren't good as you think you are, and when you are going bad, you aren't as bad as you think you are." People and players get too caught up in the highs and lows, when the middle is usually where they will end up anyway.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 11:33 PM)
Or..."Look at this....is that sweet or what?"

But honestly, no one can answer this. We just have to be patient. Remember when people were honestly weighing his chances at .400? I told them to calm down, he will probably end up around .320 this year. And presto, it happened.

As the old saying in sports go.... "When you are going good, you aren't good as you think you are, and when you are going bad, you aren't as bad as you think you are." People and players get too caught up in the highs and lows, when the middle is usually where they will end up anyway.

It's not just a slump. There is more wrong than just that.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
I can wait out Konerko, but the lineup needs to be adjusted. Konerko should be moved down in the lineup to 6th. Rios/Youkilis 3/5, Dunn 4, Viciedo needs a platoon partner ASAP.

lol

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
I can wait out Konerko, but the lineup needs to be adjusted. Konerko should be moved down in the lineup to 6th. Rios/Youkilis 3/5, Dunn 4, Viciedo needs a platoon partner ASAP.

Marty, what I take from your comments is that we have a lot of guys kind of slumping. I don't see Dunn doing much more than Konerko is doing. Listen to anyone about Dunn this year and it's either a homer, a walk OR A K and I see a lot of that from him. I am bit worried there is more wrong with PK than is let on concerning his wrist. But, Paulie is a pro all the way. I think he will rebound soon. I hope the whole line up does. It ain't fun to lose.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
Marty, what I take from your comments is that we have a lot of guys kind of slumping. I don't see Dunn doing much more than Konerko is doing. Listen to anyone about Dunn this year and it's either a homer, a walk OR A K and I see a lot of that from him. I am bit worried there is more wrong with PK than is let on concerning his wrist. But, Paulie is a pro all the way. I think he will rebound soon. I hope the whole line up does. It ain't fun to lose.

They have to find ways to win games this next week so that they can assess what they need most at the deadline. The pitching isn't good enough to carry this lineup.

Broken record.

DeAza needs to get on base like he was the first 2 1/2 months, Youk needs to continue to be superman...seriously, the Tigers and Red Sox just have much more dangerous and balanced line-ups than we do.

Beckham hasn't a homer in like 6 weeks, but we keep worrying about Viciedo?

Dunn's striking out every other at-bat and not giving us many productive outs?

Even if our line-up is scoring, we don't have the bullpen to hold leads. It's like the perfect storm now, with the Tigers cresting and the White Sox trying to ride out the storm.

Konerko will not be moved down. He's either hitting clean-up or out of the line-up entirely.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
Broken record.

DeAza needs to get on base like he was the first 2 1/2 months, Youk needs to continue to be superman...seriously, the Tigers and Red Sox just have much more dangerous and balanced line-ups than we do.

Beckham hasn't a homer in like 6 weeks, but we keep worrying about Viciedo?

Dunn's striking out every other at-bat and not giving us many productive outs?

Even if our line-up is scoring, we don't have the bullpen to hold leads. It's like the perfect storm now, with the Tigers cresting and the White Sox trying to ride out the storm.

Konerko will not be moved down. He's either hitting clean-up or out of the line-up entirely.

De Aza is fine. He's started to hit again in the last few games. Youk will be fine, but he can't hit a decent curve ball. Dunn looks fine to me as well. Alex and Alexei need to continue to hit.

Our lineup is just as balanced as Detroit's. We just need to get our pitching staff settled in a bit and we'll be fine.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 04:21 AM)
Paulie was 5-12 with 3BBs and only 1K in the Boston series.

The problem is he's taking swings that would make Morel proud. The Sox don't need a #4 hitter who can occasionally flare a cheap single to right field.