GT: Chicago White Sox @ Detroit Tigers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
I don't know, but it's their best chance over the next 2-3 years.

Probably, but we also said the same thing last year. I'm not saying you're wrong though, and a lot depends on whether or not Danks can recover or if he becomes our version of Mike Hampton.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:08 PM)
Question for you....do you think even with a solid starting pitcher acquisition that this team can contend with the Tigers the rest of the year?

no we cant score runs and we have no manager!!!!!!

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
Now ask yourself the quetion that fathom asked Marty. I don't think a SP will make a difference. This team cannot hit, and it hasn't been able to hit post asb for as long as I can remember.

They survived in 2008, even without Quentin.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
The goal is to win the division. There's a big difference now.
Of course it is. That should be your goal every year. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Adding a SP will do nothing for this team I don't think because they can't hit.

QUOTE (C_LEE45 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:13 PM)
no we cant score runs and we have no manager!!!!!!

I have a lot of questions about how Ventura has handled things for a few weeks now, but no manager in baseball could win when his offense performs this poorly.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Of course it is. That should be your goal every year. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way. Adding a SP will do nothing for this team I don't think because they can't hit.

They're still in the top half of the AL in runs scored.

It's simply the fact that we're ice cold now and DET is playing like the best team in baseball.

We ran over the Cleveland Indians when they were in a similar position. We were hot and they were cold.

Playing 16 out of 19 on the road is suicide. Thursday's game didn't help. But it's not over yet by any stretch of the imagination.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)
I have a lot of questions about how Ventura has handled things for a few weeks now, but no manager in baseball could win when his offense performs this poorly.

He has the responsibility to shake the lineup up. Move people around. He isn't doing it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)

Just have to weather the storm.

Yesterday's game hurt badly, and this is why.

But we're still right in this thing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:15 PM)

true,ask Q how he feels about ventura.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)

It's simply the fact that we're ice cold now and DET is playing like the best team in baseball.

We ran over the Cleveland Indians when they were in a similar position. We were hot and they were cold.

Playing 16 out of 19 on the road is suicide. Thursday's game didn't help. But it's not over yet by any stretch of the imagination.

This is a great post. Unfortunately, when the Tigers are playing like they are right now, they might be the toughest team in baseball to beat. It happens, and you have to hope the Sox can recover against the Twins.

The offense doesn't suck, it's just that they are really streaky which is extremely frustrating cuz we all know how capable they are in putting up runs. What can you do is, just wait till they get their s*** back together.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 07:17 PM)
He has the responsibility to shake the lineup up. Move people around. He isn't doing it.

I've been advocating putting Rios 3rd, but that wouldn't do much to help out since ADA and Youk aren't reaching base. Beckham should be benched, but do you really think Hudson can provide a spark? Not likely

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
When the situations he came in really made no difference whether he pitched well or not.

+10000000000000000000, and when the hitters might be a little less focused.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:17 PM)

Detroit is just better than us. They played way below their expectations and now they are playing like everyone expected. As for us, maybe we played abouve our heads and we are seeing the true 2012 Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
This is a great post. Unfortunately, when the Tigers are playing like they are right now, they might be the toughest team in baseball to beat. It happens, and you have to hope the Sox can recover against the Twins.

We should have a pretty good crowd tmrw night if the heat doesn't kill off the crowd, or rain.

If we did manage to take out Liriano, that would give them a needed shot of confidence in the arm.

Ultimately, this isn't like those years when we lost to the Twins and always muttered to ourselves that we had the better talent...you can't make that argument with this Tigers team, especially when Konerko's just a shadow of his former self...and Dunn's in danger of falling back below .200.

Not only that, but our bench has been exposed this week. That Escobar mistake was a huge one in the 9th the other night.