CLE/PITT/BAL/DC Parks

SnB

The wife and I are going on an east coast road trip/baseball trip in a couple weeks. Got tickets to these 4 parks, I've never been to any of them.

Who has? Food/Bar/Parking Recommendations?

I found the PNC food I was talking about.

In center field, it's called Manny's BBQ. Get the ribs. The pierogies were also good, they had a ton of different food options.

Also for PNC, park on the other side of the river and walk across the bridge. It was a unique way to get to the game and it's a lot easier to park in a garage on that side.

For Camden, if you can get there early, go onto the RF porch for BP. We got food outside the RF porch on the street (similar to Yawkey Way in Boston).

Agree with Krush's recommendations for PNC, particularly as it relates to parking. Its a nice little walk before and after the game and they close one of the bridges for pedestrian traffic only.

For Camden Yards I like the RF seats, and I found that the upper deck isn't bad either. There is a garage on Pratt St. near I believe Penn St. where you can park for less then 10 bucks. There is no parking at the park and the garage's on the inner harbor side can get pretty expensive.

Both parks are great, have fun!

also did not like progressive. just absolutely nothing special about the park. Its alot like the cell IMO

Pittsburgh is absurd. everything about the park was done the right way. The upper deck behind 3rd base dugout give the best view. It was the nicest park ive been to and its not close.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
also did not like progressive. just absolutely nothing special about the park. Its alot like the cell IMO

Pittsburgh is absurd. everything about the park was done the right way. The upper deck behind 3rd base dugout give the best view. It was the nicest park ive been to and its not close.

I've heard it's only comparable to San Fran's, which I absolutely loved. Looking forward to there the most.

Thanks for the tips guys!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)

My girlfriend is a Pirates fan and I've been to PNC the last 3 years. That park is the best park I have ever been too by far. Used to have a minor league feel to it but now that it's mostly full, it's quite awesome. If you are staying there, hit up DeLuca's if you enjoy big breakfasts. Primanti's Bros sandwiches are really popular but they aren't my thing. Enjoy. PIttsburgh is a great town.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
Have not been to Nationals Park but I know that it's right on a Metro line so take the Metro. If you need any further help, let me know where your hotel is and I'll recommend a route.

Sorta, the Green Line goes by it. It depends on what part of the city you're coming from. But it's definitely easier to walk than it is to park because parking sucks ass by Nationals Park (kinda like Wrigley).

Conversely, Camden Yards has ridiculously easy parking. I generally don't park by the stadium though, I park in one of the garages off Pratt St. and walk (it's not far)

I've not been, but Progressive has always struck me as very plain and unimpressive. On top of that, I had an incredibly stupid but terrifying nightmare about the place 2 or 3 years ago that I still vividly remember.

The three other parks on your itinerary look like fine places to catch a game.

Somewhat pertinent to this thread, late last year I was taking the Red Line back to the city after a game. There was a group of Tiger fans (4 or 5) that were also leaving the game- IIRC correctly, it was Juan Pierre's 2,000 hit game. There was some dialogue, and it eventually led to a US Cellular Field v. Comerica Park conversation. They clearly weren't too fond of Comerica, and (probably because they came into town with low expectations) really dug US Cellular Field.

Besides Safeco, PNC is my favorite park. There are a lot of food places around the park. Primanti Brothers is world renowned and that's actually in the park.

Most of the regular concessions- dogs, pretzels, popcorn, etc- are all relatively cheap, or at least they were when I went back in 2007. A pretzel with cheese was like $2.50. At US Cellular, they're somewhere close to $5.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Sorta, the Green Line goes by it. It depends on what part of the city you're coming from. But it's definitely easier to walk than it is to park because parking sucks ass by Nationals Park (kinda like Wrigley).

Good to know, I think we're ditching the rental car once we get to DC b/c we're told we can walk everywhere.

Good to know, I think we're ditching the rental car once we get to DC b/c we're told we can walk everywhere.

Almost everywhere. Georgetown is not very close to any Metro lines. Other than that, pretty much anyplace in DC you want to go is < 5 min walk from a Metro station.