AND THAT'S ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
I think most schools start in the last or second to last week in August now. It seems like it gets earlier every year, though.

Slowly but surely, summer is disappearing, and I hate it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
I think most schools start in the last or second to last week in August now. It seems like it gets earlier every year, though.

yeah, CPS started going earlier a few years back I believe, and I have friends/family with kids going back today, and that's the latest, several have been in since last week.

I think the low attendance has more to do with premium pricing though, Sox sold a lot of tickets on the discount Mondays etc., against far lesser "marque" teams than the NYY.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:51 AM)
I think the low attendance has more to do with premium pricing though, Sox sold a lot of tickets on the discount Mondays etc., against far lesser "marque" teams than the NYY.

The season ticket base has also diminished greatly due to the last few seasons, so that has a major effect on attendance too.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 11:54 PM)
Sox deserve credit for not letting those 3 losses to the Royals completely bury them. Losing 3 in a row to that horses*** team could have ended the Sox season, sending them spiraling downward.

Think they'll keep this dynamic pricing for next season? Fans don't have the moolah cause of Obama. Kidding about Obama, but we're in an economic crisis, baby! Lower those prices and charge 10 bucks for parking til the crises is OVA!!!!

Post of the year.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Remember when Youk hit that granny?

I heard the radio call this morning of it, hilarious.

DJ screamed when the ball went over the fence and Farmer butted in with a "SLAMEY" catch-phrase.

That one's gonna be played for a while.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
Remember when Hawk thought Youk's granny was a routine sac fly?

I was watching in a bar with no sound on. Coming off the bat I thought it would be a pop up to second.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Remember when Hawk thought Youk's granny was a routine sac fly?

I think most people did, myself included. A "stretch" was warranted there.

Edited by SnB

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
I was watching in a bar with no sound on. Coming off the bat I thought it would be a pop up to second.

I was watching at home and thought it was a routine fly. Then when Swish started doing the twist, i was hoping he would blow the play. Then it went out.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
Slowly but surely, summer is disappearing, and I hate it.

When does school let out in Chicago? Here, school started last week as well, but it lets out in early to mid May. If they make Chicago kids go til May 25 or something, that's pretty bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
When does school let out in Chicago? Here, school started last week as well, but it lets out in early to mid May. If they make Chicago kids go til May 25 or something, that's pretty bad.

"track E" schools are year-round programs now:

http://www.cps.edu/Programs/DistrictInitia...ndarTRACK_E.pdf

they run until June 17th but have more time off throughout the year. It's the same number of school days in the end.