Game Thread 8/28: SOX @ BAL

cabiness42

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:34 AM)
Is Verlander still in the game over at KC?

Would be nice if Detroit absolutely taxed their mediocre bullpen before the Sox come to town.

Isn't their bullpen better than the White Sox this year?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
He's going to play his regulars as much as possible. If we are hoping Olmedo plays more, the Sox are in a lot of trouble.

Doubt it would matter much .Olmedo looks like a good fielder and can get just as many hits as Beckham , maybe not the occasional long ball though.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:37 AM)
Good question, I didn't think so, then again I dont really follow the Tigers.

I'm pretty sure they have a better ERA out of the pen this year. Guys like Villareal and Downs just haven't allowed a lot of earned runs this year.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
Doubt it would matter much .Olmedo looks like a good fielder and can get just as many hits as Beckham , maybe not the occasional long ball though.

It wouldnt matter much. These guys saying that if beckham doesnt play we are in trouble is bulls***. The guy sucks. No one can do worse offensively than that bum. No one. He is a bust. Bench his sorry ass. Maybe that will wake him up.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
It wouldnt matter much. These guys saying that if beckham doesnt play we are in trouble is bulls***. The guy sucks. No one can do worse offensively than that bum. No one. He is a bust. Bench his sorry ass. Maybe that will wake him up.

I just say it with less drama than you, but I don't have money riding on them. Here's a hint bet the Sox at home now don't bet them on the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
After tonight, Andy Dirks has a higher OPS than Paul Konerko. Strange, strange season

I'm still amazed that AJ has the highest OPS of all catchers in the division. Higher than Mauer, Santana, Avila. Who would have predicted that in March?

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
I just say it with less drama than you, but I don't have money riding on them. Here's a hint bet the Sox at home now don't bet them on the road.

I didnt bet them tonight. I played KC tonight.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 02:50 AM)

Boy ain't that the truth. Suddenly we suck on the road and are awesome at home. Like fathom said, very weird season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
I wonder if things go bad this week if Hawk will criticize Ventura/Cooper for reshuffling the rotation in order to ensure the main guys face Detroit. I don't think they should get blamed, but a week ago, he was very much against it.

Did they really do that? That is truly asinine. You don't reshuffle pitching to face Detroit. All games count the same. This road trip has the makings of a really bad one as the bad Sox are emerging again after the nice winning streak at home. Axelrod isn't going to win so we figure to be 0-3 then trying to avoid the sweep. Then comes the impending disaster at Detroit. Yikes.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 02:52 AM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Ventura suggested Pierzynski would get rest v lefty Saunders on Wednesday. #scuffling.

fathom's prayers have been answered.

Well, it was either Wednesday or Thursday with the day game after a night game. However, with two lefties going, I wouldn't mind DHing Flowers on Thursday.