Game Thread 8/28: SOX @ BAL

cabiness42

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Overreaction central...in full force

LOL, the standard SoxTalk game thread. Soon the "Detroit will win every game vs. KC, while the Sox will get swept twice by KC" crowd will bless us with their presence.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
LOL, the standard SoxTalk game thread. Soon the "Detroit will win every game vs. KC, while the Sox will get swept twice by KC" crowd will bless us with their presence.

I loved the " Sox will be lucky to win one against the Yankees " crowd.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
I loved the " Sox will be lucky to win one against the Yankees " crowd.

that was classic. it's usually the same suspects, guys who made dire predictions at the beginning of the season (and even earlier) who'd rather be right than see the Sox succeed.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
that was classic. it's usually the same suspects, guys who made dire predictions at the beginning of the season (and even earlier) who'd rather be right than see the Sox succeed.

Yeah, that's it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but nobody was expecting us to sweep the Yankees and the M's coming in with an 8 game winning streak.

If Ventura makes the correct bullpen decisions last night, we're riding a 7 game winning streak and Chris Sale into tonight's game. Instead, we're already worrying about Axelrod tomorrow, Sale's arm strength and a possible 4 game sweep going into DET.

Whatever you say, last night really destroyed all of our momentum and somehow we have to get it back before we head into DET.

On the other hand, we've only been swept by the Tigers and the Royals this season...and those were three game series.

Still, I don't think anyone would be shocked either (by a four game sweep)....because of our recent history with BALT. This team is so enigmatic and hard to predict this year.

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:15 PM)
I say we give and let Detroit take the division. I mean its coming eventually right guys?

That's probably wise. I mean, we are losing 4-0 to the Orioles in the 4th inning of a game on August 28th. What chance do we have the rest of the way!!