The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
Will be at my buddy's wedding reception tonight, thank God. Hope there is no tv to temp me.

Lucky you; this is not a good game to watch. It's gonna be all Detroit and the announcers will slobber over them as well.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think some of us are too hard on the Sox or do you agree they do some maddening things? I mean isn't it kind of nonsensical to drop so many games to the team you have to beat out? If the Sox threw a win or two in there against Detroit it wouldn't be so f***ing maddening. Or do you think fans like me are way out of line and we should be thrilled we're in the race at all. I just don't understand sometimes why the team is so dysfunctional. Is it asking too much to win the first game of a huge series once in a while, etc?? Educate me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)
Do you think some of us are too hard on the Sox or do you agree they do some maddening things? I mean isn't it kind of nonsensical to drop so many games to the team you have to beat out? If the Sox threw a win or two in there against Detroit it wouldn't be so f***ing maddening. Or do you think fans like me are way out of line and we should be thrilled we're in the race at all. I just don't understand sometimes why the team is so dysfunctional. Is it asking too much to win the first game of a huge series once in a while, etc?? Educate me.

We don’t need no education.

We don’t need no thought control.

No dark sarcasm in the class room.

Teachers leave those kids alone.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Lucky you; this is not a good game to watch. It's gonna be all Detroit and the announcers will slobber over them as well.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:16 PM)

The problem I have with you people is the jumping to conclusions. Thats the most annoying s*** about the all the negative posts...I'm fine if you wanna rip them for something they've already done but the "He'll give it right back" "oh no here comes Matt, game over" "this is not a good game to watch. It's gonna be all Detroit" is just sooooo effing annoying and it makes this board look like its full of trolls.....

Until they're actually out of it how bout we just sit back relax and strap it down folks.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
The problem I have with you people is the jumping to conclusions. Thats the most annoying s*** about the all the negative posts...I'm fine if you wanna rip them for something they've already done but the "He'll give it right back" "oh no here comes Matt, game over" "this is not a good game to watch. It's gonna be all Detroit" is just sooooo effing annoying and it makes this board look like its full of trolls.....

Until they're actually out of it how bout we just sit back relax and strap it down folks.

Everyone is different. People have different ways of looking at things. I consider myself a huge Sox fan. I want them to win. But I can't ignore what I'm seeing and think they're in a good position going into this last month. Go Sox, but the baseball observer in me thinks they maxed out on what they could for 5 months, and now the better team in a crappy division is going to play better over the next 30 games. If that makes me a troll, sorry.

All year long the elephants feared the mice. Well, they can have it all to themselves with a sigh of relief.... There's only one thing I wanted outside of winning it -- make every one of them sweat until the last minute.

[/size]At the end of the 1967 season after the final week saw the White Sox, Tigers, Red Sox and Twins all within a game and a half of first place

Edward Raymond "Eddie" Stanky

Chicago White Sox

Manager

Let this be the theme till the end courtesy of Eddie "The Brat" Stanky

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:16 PM)

However it pans out, it may take til Dec. to appreciate this season. I wish we could ignore the history of choke jobs bot few do. Braves, Bills, Viking fans have went through these same emotions. What about Ranger fans? When was the last time a team lost back to back WS?

Even if it ends disappointing, I can't see Kenny or J.R. letting down fans after having a taste of winning. Both of them have a competitive nature. We are use to having major disappointment at the end of July and early August. It's Sept. and they are still in first. Kenny may have his mojo back and could bring excitement for us in 2013.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Everyone is different. People have different ways of looking at things. I consider myself a huge Sox fan. I want them to win. But I can't ignore what I'm seeing and think they're in a good position going into this last month. Go Sox, but the baseball observer in me thinks they maxed out on what they could for 5 months, and now the better team in a crappy division is going to play better over the next 30 games. If that makes me a troll, sorry.

I guess, if you wanna raise your blood pressure over something that hasn't happened yet thats all on you guys. What I'm seeing is a team that went in to Det and played a team thats 19-6 at home yet the Sox are still there in first place with them coming into Chicago for 4 games....I'm not gonna panic until after that series, IMO it's pretty silly to panic now...But thats me.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
Good to see the Sunday lineup for such an important game

Wise is 6-15 career vs Verlander, best average on the team. Maybe the Sox are actually looking at splits?

What have Viciedo & Beckham done recently that makes it a tragedy to sit them in this game anyway?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)

I think all you do is mope about the team. period.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
What are the Trash Kats running out for their lineup? Sunday style too, or let's f***ing sweep style?

How is this a Sunday lineup? Dunn is hurt, Wise has a better chance vs. Verlander than Viciedo does, and everyone wants Beckham demoted anyway?