The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
They've lost to teams playing better baseball this week. Tigers have been simply sensational on the road, and I know people will point to the Tigers/KC series as proof they were slumping, but all three of those games were extremely fluky losses.

They lost to teams that they historically the last several years cant beat. This isn't just this year. This is year after year after year

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
They've lost to teams playing better baseball this week. Tigers have been simply sensational on the road, and I know people will point to the Tigers/KC series as proof they were slumping, but all three of those games were extremely fluky losses.

Still u fail to recognize the big picture. Losing 6 in a row in Detroit is choking. I mean even horrible baseball teams can win one or two of the six. I look at these three as a major choke. You can't get one win?? Even the Astros could get one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
If Detroit's a better team, how is it choking?

Because they have been leading this division pretty much all year. They choked in Baltimore and have continued to in Detroit. Its a pattern with this team.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
I didn't. I had complete faith in Sale. He was not giving him fastballs, and he was 0-2 with 2 Ks tonight, right? I didn't expect Delmon to somehow rip a HR off his ankles.

Might have been even lower than his ankles. Young was smart he went out and got that pitch before it could break. Hit it way before it reached home.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
The pucker factor is something that has been a whitesox cornerstone for a while.

Hard for me to get mad at a team that wants to win too much.

See the past few years, where everyone just quit caring

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
Nothing you can really say about it. It is what it is. Not even really mad or upset, what did we realistically expect after losing the first two games??

I was way angrier in 2005 with the Indians charging hard and when the team was throwing away games in 2006 and 2010 (the Thome game). I flat out believe Tigers are the better, deeper team now. No shame in that, but I know a lot of people don't believe they're the better team.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Might have been even lower than his ankles. Young was smart he went out and got that pitch before it could break. Hit it way before it reached home.

Luckily, he had 5 straight pitches of the same kind to figure out how to hit it

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
Still u fail to recognize the big picture. Losing 6 in a row in Detroit is choking. I mean even horrible baseball teams can win one or two of the six. I look at these three as a major choke. You can't get one win?? Even the Astros could get one.

Our play against the weak teams this year. The NL record considering we faced a horrid NL central. This is what has caused us more problems.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
Because they have been leading this division pretty much all year. They choked in Baltimore and have continued to in Detroit. Its a pattern with this team.

That is hard to ignore. The difference is it's Sept. and they aren't the usual 6+ games out.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
Our play against the weak teams this year. The NL record considering we faced a horrid NL central. This is what has caused us more problems.

It caused Detroit problems too, but they take care of business against us. They dont choke.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:28 AM)
Hard for me to get mad at a team that wants to win too much.

See the past few years, where everyone just quit caring

You are assuming a lot with that post. How the hell do we know how much this team wants it? What player is bunting at Cabrera on his own proving he wants it?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
I was way angrier in 2005 with the Indians charging hard and when the team was throwing away games in 2006 and 2010 (the Thome game). I flat out believe Tigers are the better, deeper team now. No shame in that, but I know a lot of people don't believe they're the better team.

Sure they are the better team, but the Sox had put themselves in a position of power by beating teams better than the White Sox. They were in position where one win would have had them in great shape. They lose all 3. Even if you don't have the better team you can win a game or two. The Royals just took 3 from them. Are the Royals the better team? Of course not.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:30 AM)
Youkilis has a 1.195 OPS at home and coming into tonight, a .180 batting average and .568 OPS on the road.

Padres and Rockies don't have splits that radically different.

So many red flags with him not to bring him back next year.