The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
So you didn't want to get rid of Zach because of some sort of "feeling". The tigers have been putting it to the Sox head to head and you think that the Tigers are not better. And now a guy who is throwing 89-90 that was throwing 94-95 two weeks ago is not showing any physical limitations. I think we might have found Guillens long lost magic 8 ball.

It doesn't matter if the Tigers are "better." It may be years before the Sox are in this good of a position to make the playoffs. Play it out.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
There's nobody left to trade.

They would be pretty foolish to keep Floyd around for $9.5 million next year. Thornton and Crain will get you what exactly?

The only asset we have to trade is probably Alexei Ramirez...and that's a dubious move at best unless it nets us Jurickson Profar in return, which will never happen.

I suppose they could deal Rios or Dunn, but how would they sell any season tickets for next year...trading Dunn or Rios, letting Floyd go, trading Thornton/Crain, letting YOUK, AJ and Peavy all walk.

Good luck on that one, Brooks.

Which is why it will never happen.

I was talking about before the season actually caulfield. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my previous post :/

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
It's weird because you can't say PK has had a good season, he hasn't driven in any runs. A good month could probably make his season look good, though.

I think he's had a solid year for him, but after the first few months, you thought he was headed for a huge season. He went from "can he hit .400" to probably hitting below .300.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)
They will be the first ones to cheer when the Sox clinch the division

Who's giving up on the season? It's possible Detroit will revert back to s*** and we'll continue playing the percentage baseball we've played all year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
BTW, thanks again Ozzie for having Garcia plunk Delmon Young in his debut. He's made us his b**** ever since.

I hope you are kidding; please be kidding. You think if one of our hitters got plunked he'd be on some roll against the team that plunked him? Blaming our former manager I assume u are kidding.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
So true. Particularly on the road.

Alexei's foolishly trying to hit a home run to the opposite field instead of trying to bunt against Cabrera. They've just made things way too easy for the Tigers this weekend.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Who's giving up on the season? It's possible Detroit will revert back to s*** and we'll continue playing the percentage baseball we've played all year.

I hope you are kidding; please be kidding. You think if one of our hitters got plunked he'd be on some roll against the team that plunked him? Blaming our former manager I assume u are kidding.

Look at the last few pages Greg.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
It's weird because you can't say PK has had a good season, he hasn't driven in any runs. A good month could probably make his season look good, though.

Actually, he's been in a tough spot to drive in runs. If he gets on base, Dunn either cleans the bases or will walk. Considering his OBP without walks and homers, its not as if he advances a lot of players to 3B, and if he walks, he's usually not going to score on a double.

Paulie's RBI total is pretty irrelevant.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
So pathetic

I'm shocked a team with this lineup can't beat Verlander. Thing is, I don't even fault Ventura for this lineup. Just too many injuries/players slumping/busts to put a competitive lineup on the field right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
I think he's had a solid year for him, but after the first few months, you thought he was headed for a huge season. He went from "can he hit .400" to probably hitting below .300.

He hit .231 with a sub 700 Ops in August. Yet we keep trotting him out there in the 4 hole. Wise gets bumped to the 3 hole because our manager is incapable of creativity. Dunn hit 3, his replacement must hit 3.