Game Thread 9/7

cabiness42

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Axelrod.

Sweeps by the Royals and Angels this weekend would be a fitting set up to what's looking like the end of 2008 all over again...

Glad I turned it off after the first two blown scoring opportunities in the early innings.

Beckham just can't be a starter next year. You can't have a 2B who has no prayer against an above average fastball.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 12:56 AM)
please. i know he could have ph, for example, but how many runners did we leave on and esp. runners on third. its on the players

Well his lineup is pretty bad. He started bad already there. Lopez shouldn't be there as our LH hitters destroyed Mendoza. Then you get all these bad at bats from Beckham where he could easily have used a LH ph such as DJ.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:57 PM)
I agree it's on the players. I do.

But Lopez should not be in the big leagues. That's on KW.

Bunting Alexei is strictly on Ventura. With Beckham coming up, that was a bad decision. Top that with having Lopez and he clearly didn't bother taking his lineup into account.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 02:58 AM)
If that's the truth then a lot of people need to apologize to Robin and crucify Coop.

Honestly, if it's true Cooper calls all the shots, then I don't want Ventura as the manager. The manager should have final say, no matter what.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
His fastball is, but his slider doesn't have any tilt right now.

Nathan Jones gets tattooed at 97-100.

Reed has even less of a chance at 93-96 without having a second pitch.

It's obvious when you look at his WHIP numbers he has been Jenks 09-10 like.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 02:59 AM)
At least he doesn't start every hitter with a cent cut fastball...

oh, wait.

Unless his slider improves, he's not closer caliber in the majors. He has nothing that changes the hitter's eye level at the plate. I wouldn't be sad if KW trades him while he has value this offseason for something of value (ie: not Nestor Molina).

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Robin Ventura is choking in the pennant race. If Detroit was not obvious it is becoming so now.

Lopez batting second? Really

The last inning was embarrassing and now the poor use of the bullpen.

Now we will get to see Reed give up 5 here. Sadly Myers should close but there are money issues there.

well kw cant get upset, he chose him as his puppet so he has to live with it

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:01 AM)
RV in the post-game presser "It was one of those where you hope Addi can hold it....blah blah...."

It's the first time all season where it seemed they were intentionally not pitching Myers cause the contract clause (since they had Axelrod warming up)