Game Thread 9/7

cabiness42

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 06:52 AM)
Mendoza (7-9, 4.48) at Liriano (5-11, 5.11)

I will be there, in Section 112, Row 1, rooting on the Sox. I'll be the one in the green hat.

Wave a Soxtalk poster or risk banishment

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Wow, which is only what, like 3? You sir, are TERRIBLE luck!

Well, really it was just 2/5 but they pissed me off enough that it feels like every game. And frankly, I shouldn't complain. The game against cleveland where we got an infield hit because there was a pop fly into the smoke monster was the highlight of my life.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
Any ideas on how Robin can trick his entire locker room into thinking they're playing the Mariners or the 1916 Philadelphia Athletics instead of KC despite what the schedule and the opposition's jerseys say?

He should start a rumor that one of his guys tested positive for something and see if that pisses the team off.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Haven't been this excited for a 7 game stretch in a long time. Thinking about heading down to Anaheim in my Sox gear to watch the Angels tonight.

It's really "put up or shut up" time for the Sox. There's no more complaining about what pitchers we're facing, or anything like that. It's about wins and losses. I don't care how the wins come as long as they do.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Haven't been this excited for a 7 game stretch in a long time. Thinking about heading down to Anaheim in my Sox gear to watch the Angels tonight.

Haha trolling at its best.

Edited by pettie4sox

Now is the time for the Sox to put some space between them and Detroit. Detroit is on the road, where they are a much less dangerous team, for 10 games including 4 in Chicago. This homestand is the season.

If the Sox are gonna win the division you really don't want those 4 games against Tampa to be meaningful.... but you know they wil be haha

QUOTE (whitesox901 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Do the Sox wear green pinstripes on HWTSPD?

In other years they wore green hats and jerseys with green pinstripes and green letters/numbers. I would assume this year would be the same. Gives them one more thing to sell in the gift shops.

chw-green.jpg

Edited by lasttriptotulsa