Game Thread 9/7

cabiness42

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Steve Stone thinks outside of the box so much, that if he wanted to return his thoughts to the store, they wouldn't let him because he very clearly removed them from inside the box.

Stone was very vocal about that and not testing cabrerra last week.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
Steve Stone thinks outside of the box so much, that if he wanted to return his thoughts to the store, they wouldn't let him because he very clearly removed them from inside the box.

When the Sox did walk Billy Butler, didn't Salvador Perez shove it up their ass anyway?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Youk and Dunn off, even after an off day? That's odd.

I'm not sure they are getting this game in anyway.

youk did get pretty banged up in that twins series.. esp game 1 of that series.. hope its just 2 days off for both.

not sure dunn sitting is a good thing against a righty mendoza tonight with the lefty chen going tomorrow

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)

They're, you know... appealing.

Am I correct in assuming this would wind up as the nightcap of a split double-header tomorrow if not? I left home in the morning aware of scattered rain, but now it looks like the day after tomorrow is coming right for Chicago on weather.com.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)

I assume it's due to injuries, not just a random day off, considering they haven't played in over 48 hours. It was part of the deal when trading for Youk, and I guess Dunn's oblique isn't completely healed yet?

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 04:42 PM)
I don't get playing Viciedo over Johnson tonight. Hopefully Dunn is back by Monday

Yeah, I keep thinking about that one. We know why Dan Johnson has been in the minors for a majority of his career, his career OPS is still .100 higher than Viciedo vs. RHP this season. Now with the division on the line, maybe it's time for winning take priority, and maybe he shouldn't play everyday vs. RHP these last 4 weeks. Next season, he should start from day one as the everyday LF, but maybe not now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
Yeah, I keep thinking about that one. We know why Dan Johnson has been in the minors for a majority of his career, his career OPS is still .100 higher than Viciedo vs. RHP this season. Now with the division on the line, maybe it's time for winning take priority, and maybe he shouldn't play everyday vs. RHP these last 4 weeks. Next season, he should start from day one as the everyday LF, but maybe not now.

lets hope this right here stokes the fire and passion in Viciedo against RHP