9/17 Tigers at White Sox

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:12 AM)
Wise has a .931 OPS in September and I have no problem with riding the hot hand, but DeAza has a .777 OPS in the last two seasons and I hope nobody starts thinking of Wise as a permanent replacement for DeAza.

After everything went wrong last year, Kenny sure has had a horseshoe up his ass this season. Specifically with Quintana, Wise, and the sudden availability of Youkilis for nothing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)
After everything went wrong last year, Kenny sure has had a horseshoe up his ass this season. Specifically with Quintana, Wise, and the sudden availability of Youkilis for nothing.

One could also turn that back and say he lost his ace one month into the season, and his #3 for an extended period.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
One could also turn that back and say he lost his ace one month into the season, and his #3 for an extended period.

Absolutely. I wasn't trying to take away credit from KW, every good team has a bit of luck and those moves didn't make themselves.

But nobody could have predicted Wise & Quintana would produce at this level. And right when the Sox were in desperate need for a 3b, here comes Boston, " Please take Youk off our hands for nothing, we will even pay you."

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 12:51 PM)
One of my buddies, a Kittens fan, offered me his tix, but I can't get out of work.

Tony Tigs banged up. Jackson was questionable before this game with ankle injury, but he is playing. Avila out for injury. Bunt it to third or hit liners to the gaps that bounce to the wall.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 05:08 PM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

Wise in Sox's lineup, RV says De Aza ''out of sync,'' will return later this week.

Also this one worth mentioning...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

De Aza is fine; had that four-strikeout game Saturday, which Ventura alluded to. Ventura likes Wise.

I saw the game on Saturday and De Aza was out of sync for sure. A bit of rest and time to get his swing back and go for it later this week. Good deal

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Tony Tigs banged up. Jackson was questionable before this game with ankle injury, but he is playing. Avila out for injury. Bunt it to third or hit liners to the gaps that bounce to the wall.

Ok I will! :headbang