Chicago White Sox @ LAAA California Angels playing in Anaheim.

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:42 PM)
It's nice to know we're set for the future with Beckham at 2B. He's hit well enough to be our second baseman.

Next year's infield is a big question mark however. No third baseman right now, Alexei at short needs to find his power stroke, Becks at second and can Paulie rebound from surgery at first (I'm assuming surgery is forthcoming).

DeAza has cooled off as a center fielder; Tank figures to get better and Rios appears to have found himself. At catcher, AJ probably won't hit 26-30 homers as he has this year. Starting pitching should be similar to this year, though we will have to find a stud to replace Peavy. Just replacing him with one of our many fill in guys of this year won't cut it.

Lotta work for the new GM to do.

I so disagree with that. He's been a much better situational hitter this season. How many guys do we need to hit 20 or more HR on this team? I really don't miss those patented Ramirez foul ball home runs every other at bat.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
I so disagree with that. He's been a much better situational hitter this season. How many guys do we need to hit 20 or more HR on this team? I really don't miss those patented Ramirez foul ball home runs every other at bat.

Yep, Alexei's overall offense has been ok due to his RISP performance this year. IMO, the two biggest keys to the offense next year are getting PK healthy and finding a 3rd baseman that can hit in the 270 range.