Chicago White Sox @ LAAA California Angels playing in Anaheim.

Greg Hibbard

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Beckham discussion

I find it interesting that when our guys slow down during the pennant run, they're all p*****s, chokers, etc.

When a guy like Beckham picks up his play, it means nothing.

Interesting standard to me.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 04:36 AM)

I find it interesting that when our guys slow down during the pennant run, they're all p*****s, chokers, etc.

People are thrilled with Beckham on this site of late. He drew a walk last night, and there were a few posts saying how great he looked.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)

I keep on looking at his stats and his age and see Gordon from KC as a comparison. This kid plays plus defense and doesn't cost a lot. He isn't the reason our offense isn't consistent but he is the popular scapegoat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:38 AM)
People are thrilled with Beckham on this site of late. He drew a walk last night, and there were a few posts saying how great he looked.

It's nice to know we're set for the future with Beckham at 2B. He's hit well enough to be our second baseman.

Next year's infield is a big question mark however. No third baseman right now, Alexei at short needs to find his power stroke, Becks at second and can Paulie rebound from surgery at first (I'm assuming surgery is forthcoming).

DeAza has cooled off as a center fielder; Tank figures to get better and Rios appears to have found himself. At catcher, AJ probably won't hit 26-30 homers as he has this year. Starting pitching should be similar to this year, though we will have to find a stud to replace Peavy. Just replacing him with one of our many fill in guys of this year won't cut it.

Lotta work for the new GM to do.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:43 AM)
Alexei doesn't need to find a power stroke. He's been very productive

If that's true, then that's good. The key will be Paulie to become Paulie again after surgery and the Sox to make a deal for a good hitting third baseman who isn't a butcher in the field.