Game thread, 1:10CST CSN

JoshPR

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
Nope, put Dunn over there.

I'd be fine with this too. What do you do with the DH spot? I'm not eager to move Dayan there at this stage of his career, especially since there isn't necessarily a must-play guy in the OF in our system right now. There are a few guys that might enter that conversation in the next couple years, though

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
The Sox dugout is alive!

See AJ trying to take second if he could? I don't think he's tanking it. He's always thinking and trying.

Do you want AJ back? I for sure want him back no questions.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
I'd be fine with this too. What do you do with the DH spot? I'm not eager to move Dayan there at this stage of his career, especially since there isn't necessarily a must-play guy in the OF in our system right now. There are a few guys that might enter that conversation in the next couple years, though

I don't think PK would even consider retiring before his contract is up. There's not even been a hint at that being possible.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
It should be Nate Jones in the 5th.

I hate the recent trend of going with relievers early.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
And minimal damage done by the offense with the bases loaded.

So frustrating. Never a huge hit. Very minimal damage, especially in a pseudo pennant race. Two runs is a ton for this team, but what about a crooked number? No such clutch hit.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Ahhhh no. Been great for the 8 years here, time to move on...

He has the best offensive year of his career and we have nobody that could start at catcher everyday next season. Yup, time to let him go.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
He has the best offensive year of his career and we have nobody that could start at catcher everyday next season. Yup, time to let him go.

Its almost like people want to make a change for the sake of making a change.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
I don't think PK would even consider retiring before his contract is up. There's not even been a hint at that being possible.

I'm not sure if Paulie wants to be a 38 year old playing a whole season the way he's played this year. His health and the ability to remedy it are big question marks for his future

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
It's only late September, still plenty of time left in the season to correct bullpen mismanagement.

It's truly amazing how awful the coaching has been this month. Hell, it's been so bad that the Sun-Times seemingly made up a rumor that there's been speculation Ventura might want to leave just so they could get a comment from him on his future.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 30, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
There really is no reason to move on. This is one of his best years and Tyler Flowers is wildly inconsistent.

Flowers doesn't hardly play, hard to be consistent. Hey I love what AJ did these past 8 years, very durable guy. But I think it's time to refresh, AJ's defense has been mediocre at best and the pitch calling hasn't been all that either, granted that it could be comming from the bench