2013 Films Thread

cabiness42

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 20, 2013 -> 12:51 PM)
This is such a stretch. The raccoon with a gun might turn off the non-geek public.

Or it'll crush because

Marvel-Logo.jpg

If the movie is good I actually think the raccoon could end up being the star. The cast for this is really impressive and every Marvel movie has been at least solid so I have no reason to believe this wont be a good movie.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is what it is. We all know if Bale could have been convinced, he would be batman. I preferred Armie Hammer, but they wanted an older actor. Whatever. If Snyder does a good job and the script is solid, Affleck will be fine

I think if there's a worry it's that I'm not sure Affleck obviously can pull off the dark, driven, motivated by vengeance character that is batman. He's done dark movies before but it's always seemed to me to be in the "normal guy who does bad stuff" mode. Am I wrong?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 10:04 AM)
I would bet that this Batman won't be as dark. I would think that Superman/Batman will more of a big action movie.

And that's where we get back on the path towards the Clooney/Kilmer movies, where they were just a little bit (or in the B&R case, way too much) too campy/corny to work.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 23, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
And that's where we get back on the path towards the Clooney/Kilmer movies, where they were just a little bit (or in the B&R case, way too much) too campy/corny to work.

I'd hate to compare anything to those movies, as they are some of the worst ever made. I think those movies failed so badly because they tried to get too cartoony with them. They were trying to make them like the old Adam West tv show.

I would think Superman/Batman will be closer to The Avengers in style and theme.

Edited by GoSox05

Just watched "Now You See Me".

I love magician movies for whatever reason. The Illusionist and The Prestige are my 2 favorite movies, although I'm not nearly as big on movies as I am on TV shows. Anyway.....

I loved the beginning, very strong and very interesting. Then the middle was really solid too with the reveal of certain tricks and all the crazy smart ways they were able to trick the FBI, then the end..... I f***ing hated the end.

**SPOILER**

I hate that Mark Ruffalo was the mastermind behind the 30+ year plan the whole time. Hated it. I'll admit, I definitely not see that coming, but so many dumb things happened that never needed to happen, but only happened so they could trick the viewer, not anyone else actually in the story to Ruffalo's benefit. Also, I say the plan was 30+ years because the plan had to consist of him climbing the ranks in the FBI all for this case? He was willing to bide his time over this grudge for that long, have everything work out perfectly in the chain of command to get him to that spot, and in the meantime, he had 30 years to simply rob that company in other ways. s***, he could have just been employed at the safe company for 20 years and pulled of the heist from within.

I don't know, the movie was highly entertaining, I'll give them that, and I loved 95% of it, but that last reveal really pissed me off. I would have enjoyed it much more if Morgan Freeman or the Interpol lady, or the bald guy he was working with, or hell, even Common's character was the mastermind. All would have served the "had inside information of the FBI" role, and we could have heard some story about them being transferred over to this new division.

Edited by Chilihead90

"The Spectacular Now" was really good.

After I saw it, I was thinking that when I was in high school and when I was a teen, all movies about us were outrageous comedies that put annoying or unlikable characters (sometimes) in ridiculous situations. And while those worked at times, the past few years we have gotten really good teen dramas like this and "Perks of Being A Wallflower".

It's sort of refreshing.