cabiness42

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 07:55 PM)
I remember when folks were jacked for the 1998 Godzilla and it turned into one POS

I think that was the last time that "lead actress" every appeared in a movie, lol.

Would rather have seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2 (minus the Cubs' scenes), War Games 2 or Election 2.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
I remember when folks were jacked for the 1998 Godzilla and it turned into one POS

That's true, I just have more faith in Gareth Edwards getting it accomplished. I liked what he did with Monsters.

Plus, Bryan Cranston is in it, that means it has to be good right? ;)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 5, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
That's true, I just have more faith in Gareth Edwards getting it accomplished. I liked what he did with Monsters.

Plus, Bryan Cranston is in it, that means it has to be good right? ;)

Good point on Edwards.

Cranston was also in Red Tails. :P

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 07:29 AM)
"This is the End" is garbage. Total lowest common denominator movie.

Me thinks Steve is nearly impossible to please.

It's not Academy Award material, you have to go in with a certain mindset from the beginning.

Besides, it has the Greg(KS) Seal of Approval.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
THIS IS THE END was fine to me. Not the great comedy most people seem to make it out to be and it's about 20 minutes too long.

It's because there haven't been very many good movies in recent months...so ANYTHING that's not terrible or derivative seems better by comparison.

It can make 2 Guns or even Grown Ups 2 look decent....playing tricks with your mind, haha.

Then movies like RUSH and Gravity come along and seem almost amazing in comparison. I'm at a complete loss for why RUSH hasn't done better, but I'm sure it's mostly because of the unfamiliarity of the subject matter (mid 70's Formula 1 racing), the presence of Daniel Bruhl (not a name star as Niki Lauda)...it even has a super cute Olivia Wilde.

Befuddling, really, why that movie hasn't done better. Was the marketing campaign there weak or too late? Along with Pacific Rim, that's the second movie that's come out this year that has kind of been a dud in the US Box office but will end up with much better results outside of the States.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 09:08 AM)
I have no interest whatsoever in racing, let alone Formula 1. That's why I'm in no RUSH to see it.

Hey...I've never even watched a Formula One race in its entirety in my lifetime and still really enjoyed it.

Formula 1 is part of the medium, but it's so much more than that...just like The Wrestler, The Fighter or The Warrior are more than boxing, professional wrestling or MMA. It's well worth seeing.

Rush is raking in serious money overseas. Ron Howard's F1 drama has already grossed $30 million outside of North America, with exit polls coming in around the 90s in the United States, Canada, the U.K., and France.

Rush will go into Italy as the #1 film in its third week of release, already enjoying a $6 million showing in the territory. Distributor StudioCanal is expecting a long run in the United Kingdom after the film broke $11.5 million in its third week. Rush opened in France last weekend and is currently reporting a $1.3 million cume. The film is expected to surpass $1 million in Mexico over the weekend.

Rush kept the #2 spot in New Zealand for a $500k cume. The film opened in Australia on Thursday with a $300k bow. The Middle East territories combined for a $600k cume.

Rush will open in the Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Sweden, Peru, Colombia, South Africa, Pakistan, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and Indonesia this weekend.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
Me thinks Steve is nearly impossible to please.

Not really. There's lots of movies I enjoy. I don't need alien penis in my movies, and I kind of expected more from that crowd.

Honestly, thought he second half was brutal, Neighborhood Watch was better.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 09:47 AM)
Not really. There's lots of movies I enjoy. I don't need alien penis in my movies, and I kind of expected more from that crowd.

Honestly, thought he second half was brutal, Neighborhood Watch was better.

If you say AFTER EARTH was better, those will be fighting words.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 6, 2013 -> 09:02 AM)
THIS IS THE END was fine to me. Not the great comedy most people seem to make it out to be and it's about 20 minutes too long.

I think its downright hilarious and one of the best comedies in awhile. There are so many subtle jokes that maybe you should watch it a few times.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 8, 2013 -> 07:26 PM)
Gravity is pretty great in my eyes.

I'm curious to know why you were interested in this movie. Are you interested in outer space? The actors in the movie? Or what?

Because I've seen the trailer so many times on TV and I have absolutely 0 idea of what the movie is about, besides the fact that a spaceship apparently explodes