2013 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 12:15 PM)
Anyone watch the Roast of James Franco last night?

I only caught the tail end but Jeff Ross was hilarious.

Jeff Ross, Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, and Jonah Hill were all real good.

Really wish they could have had Jeselnik and Shumer on it though, they are great in those roasts. But I think since it was James Franco, they wanted a more prestigious group of roasters.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Jeff Ross, Andy Samberg, Aziz Ansari, Sarah Silverman, and Jonah Hill were all real good.

Really wish they could have had Jeselnik and Shumer on it though, they are great in those roasts. But I think since it was James Franco, they wanted a more prestigious group of roasters.

They were all funny I thought. one of the better roasts ive seen.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 03:21 PM)
They were all funny I thought. one of the better roasts ive seen.

I actually met Jeff Ross Saturday at the Oddball comedy tour at First Midwest, he was hitting up a girl at one of the promo stations a couple hours before the show. The braided hair threw me for a loop but got to say hey, and then he was a hilarious host for the show.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 02:37 PM)
Natasha Leggero, who was one of the roasters, is from Rockford.

I actually just learned that a few days ago. Before that I had never even heard of her. So I guess she would be #3 on the list of famous people from Rockford behind Cheap Trick and Michelle Williams.

What about Shawn Ryan (The Shield, Terriers)?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 04:37 PM)
Natasha Leggero, who was one of the roasters, is from Rockford.

I actually just learned that a few days ago. Before that I had never even heard of her. So I guess she would be #3 on the list of famous people from Rockford behind Cheap Trick and Michelle Williams.

That sucks.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 06:14 PM)

How can I see the replay? Love the roasts. The joke somebody cut about Pam Anderson's xxxx during the Hasselhof roast was just fricking amazing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
How can I see the replay? Love the roasts. The joke somebody cut about Pam Anderson's xxxx during the Hasselhof roast was just fricking amazing.

I'm sure it's going to replay on CC the rest of the week. I've already seen parts of it 3 times.

Or, you can google a website called Primewire(dot)ag and probably find the roast on there, hopefully through a Sockshare or Putlocker link.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2013 -> 05:21 PM)
What about Shawn Ryan (The Shield, Terriers)?

I've never watched any of the shows he's written for so I've never heard of him.

Since he does most of his work behind the camera rather than in front of it he's probably less recognizable to a lot of people.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 4, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
FXX is going to be where their comedy lands, while FX carries the drama. Those are funny shows.

Haha, are they really?

I didn't even hear of FXX until I saw the commercials so I was just wondering.

Well I'm ready for it to be 9 o'clock, The Challenge, Sunny and The League tonight?!? Fantastic.