Americans Life Expectancy

Reddy

Damn, I'm out of time...and Reddy is one of the people I really like having arguments with. :D

I have to go to BW3's shortly and eat a bunch of chicken wings. Poor chickens. :( Oh well, I'll get over it.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 06:49 PM)
Damn, I'm out of time...and Reddy is one of the people I really like having arguments with. :D

I have to go to BW3's shortly and eat a bunch of chicken wings. Poor chickens. :( Oh well, I'll get over it.

What oasis of humanity do you live in where they have BW3's! Must be an affluent white paradise!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
What oasis of humanity do you live in where they have BW3's! Must be an affluent white paradise!

There are actually 3 of them very close to me.

I'm going to the Willowbrook location.

This simply highlights my point about education sometimes not mattering. I know BW3's is bad for me...but I'm choosing to go anyway. Wings+Beer=Living. I'm ok with that once in a while.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:46 PM)
Only it doesn't.

Let's just play your game, because it'll be easy to destroy you.

1 big mac meal...let's say medium sized, with tax 5$.

For 5$, at any local store, you can buy an entire head of cauliflower for ~99cents. 5 limes for ~50 cents. And have 3.50 left over. I'd quote you more prices, but I haven't been to the store in a few days...but I guarantee I can buy a bunch more. :P

And comparing calorie count is a s*** argument, since vegetables, by their nature, have less calories than fatty meat. :P

Right! So you need MORE of them to give you the same amount of energy as a $5 burger! Thus why it is more expensive to eat healthy!

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
You, of all people, should know we need to take lifestyle into this equation as well. Why do you suppose hispanics have such a high life expectancy? One guess of mine, anyways, would be that they probably work in jobs that require more labor. Instead of sitting on their asses in offices all day, they are on their feet doing things, lifting things, burning more calories and fat, raising their heart rates, using their muscles, etc. I could be wrong, but that would be a guess.

Historically, humans have had much more active lifestyles because they had to. If you burn 3000-5000 calories a day, guess what? You can eat a lot more meat and fat and get away with it than a person who sits in an office all day. Now when you get into the modern diets built on processed foods, this starts to become problematic regardless of your activity levels, but it still certainly helps if your job requires you to live a more active lifestyle.

I agree with this as well

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
Right! So you need MORE of them to give you the same amount of energy as a $5 burger! Thus why it is more expensive to eat healthy!

All kidding and messing around aside...that's part of eating healthy. You will never feel "stuffed full". I try to eat "vegan/vegetarian" a few days a week...I actually do this (vegan if possible, but if it's too complex and there is cheese or something involved, I don't say no)...and on those days, I feel so hungry all day long it's not even funny.

Obviously, tonight is not one of those nights.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 06:59 PM)
You must not be familiar with non-taco bell Mexican food.

Actually, I am...and it's still not good for you. :P

1) I hate Taco Bell. It's the worst fast food in the multiverse.

2) I grew up going to Kanoon Magnet School on 22nd and Kedzie. I know mexican food to the point you wouldn't understand. :P Still bad for you.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 08:02 PM)
All kidding and messing around aside...that's part of eating healthy. You will never feel "stuffed full". I try to eat "vegan/vegetarian" a few days a week...I actually do this (vegan if possible, but if it's too complex and there is cheese or something involved, I don't say no)...and on those days, I feel so hungry all day long it's not even funny.

Obviously, tonight is not one of those nights.

a big mac of 1000 calories vs $5 of fruits and veggies equally maybe 200 calories if I'm being generous. We're not talking the difference between full and stuffed...

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 07:05 PM)
a big mac of 1000 calories vs $5 of fruits and veggies equally maybe 200 calories if I'm being generous. We're not talking the difference between full and stuffed...

It's 590. ;)

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
It's 590. ;)

what about them fries and coke?

how bout this. I'll give you $7 to spend on veggies, I'll spend $7 on a big mac extra value meal. wanna see how that shakes out?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 11, 2013 -> 09:33 PM)
This thread is pretty hilarious.

My posting started with "eating healthy is more expensive than eating unhealthy", we somehow are back there, just with different participants haha

Anyways time to go out and lower my life expectancy, huzzah!

i just think it's funny that ANYONE could disagree with that. must have to do with the definition of healthy.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 02:33 AM)
This thread is pretty hilarious.

My posting started with "eating healthy is more expensive than eating unhealthy", we somehow are back there, just with different participants haha

Anyways time to go out and lower my life expectancy, huzzah!

Maybe it was due to your pedantic arguments and thinking lake and halsted was the same as lake and Cicero.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
I just cannot believe so many of you care if other people eat themselves to death. Honestly, why do you give a s***?

Because with the new healthcare system coming, I'm going to be paying for their medical care.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Because with the new healthcare system coming, I'm going to be paying for their medical care.

There needs to be some type of fat tax. If fat people use Obama care they should pay a lot more in taxes. Smokers are taxed, fat people need to be taxed.

I also think insurance companies should start charging higher premiums for fat people.

There needs to be some type of fat tax. If fat people use Obama care they should pay a lot more in taxes. Smokers are taxed, fat people need to be taxed.

I also think insurance companies should start charging higher premiums for fat people.

B-but only poor people are fat. You cannot tax them for being fa- I mean poor.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 11:02 AM)
I just cannot believe so many of you care if other people eat themselves to death. Honestly, why do you give a s***?

why didn't you get suspended? color me pissed.

in any case, i give a s*** because 1) i'm compassionate 2) healthcare costs 3) if they start caring, the government and the FDA may just start caring more, which will help me get better access to healthier food.

why didn't you get suspended? color me pissed.

in any case, i give a s*** because 1) i'm compassionate 2) healthcare costs 3) if they start caring, the government and the FDA may just start caring more, which will help me get better access to healthier food.

Translation: I want government to fix this for me, because I'm incapable of doing it myself.

most smokers are poor and we tax the s*** out of them. now it's reckoning day for the fatsos! tax tax tax tax.

Funny how smoking is a "choice" but obesity isnt.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 12:57 PM)
Translation: I want government to fix this for me, because I'm incapable of doing it myself.

Funny how smoking is a "choice" but obesity isnt.

you're capable of raising your own livestock and chickens because you don't want hormones and GMO's in them? huh. I'm jealous.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)

Let the dopes running this country add another tax when they can't trim their budget? Walk into a public school where the kids are given a government breakfast. The government only requires calories. None of it is really healthy. The sugar content alone would be like eating 4 Snicker bars.