2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 21, 2013 -> 03:01 PM)
Any NFC north predictions for tomorrow?

Packers/Lions lose, Bears win/clinch

Packers, Bears win, Lions lose

Bears, Packers lose, Lions win

Any other variation?

The way this season is going, I'm expecting all three to lose.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (rangercal @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
you guys beat the falcons and the cowboys and now that means winning the division? nope.

and you will be lucky to make the playoffs half the time during rodgers career. Heard the same nonsense with favre after the late 90s run.

You are probably bummed that Rodgers is such a quitter. :)

Favre led Packers teams made the playoffs in 11 of his 16 seasons. Thats pretty damn good. Right now this division is a toss up. You guys need to quit pretending like your Bears is good. They are a slightly better than average team at best.They have a solid offense but a horrid defense. Old man Briggs aint gonna magically turn it around. Even with Flynn in, the Packers have a very realistic shot at winning the division.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 21, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
@NFL_ATL: Packer officially place DE Johnny Jolly and TE Brandon Bostick on IR. Their seasons are over.

Ha, I didn't even realize they let Jolly back in the league. At least he will have more time to sip on his sizzurp now.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
Ha, I didn't even realize they let Jolly back in the league. At least he will have more time to sip on his sizzurp now.

Jolly has been pretty good this season for them

@mortreport: Aaron Rodgers fractured collarbone still "extraordinary risk" per sources. No real "organizational decision" as McCarthy repeated Friday

@AdamSchefter: Raiders owner Mark Davis recently rejected HC Dennis Allen's request to give extensions to Oakland asst coaches in last year of their deal.

@AdamSchefter: One Penn State official said Bill O’Brien’s rep recently approached the school about potential reducing his NFL buyout even further.

@AdamSchefter: Bill O'Brien's amended contract shows he reduced the price of an NFL buyout from $19.33 million last year to $6.48 million for this year.

Good lord that's a lot for obrien

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Carolina just got...some weather.

NFL RedZone showed a guy with his two young sons, so happy enjoying the game early. Then they showed them again, just sitting in ponchos drenched by a downpour, not looking too excited. Pretty funny.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:01 PM)
Tony Romo, proving once again to be one of the most clutch QBs in football. Another 4th quarter comeback for him, another great drive when within a TD, another week where no one cares.

I've always hated the Cowboys growing up but now I hope they do well for Romo's sake.

Impressive s***ting of the bed by the Dolphins today. I always root for the Dolphins but Tannehill isnt the answer if youre trying to build a Super Bowl caliber team. He's a good QB on his very best day and an above average at best every other day. He may catch lightning in a bottle one season and make a run if he's got a real good team around him but he has the look of a 6-9 win a season caliber QB.

And are the Panthers the luckiest team of 2013? (edit---forgot the Pats have been really lucky too.) They remind me of the Broncos with Tebow. Amazing defense who just waits around until their crap offense makes a play late to pull it off.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
Impressive s***ting of the bed by the Dolphins today. I always root for the Dolphins but Tannehill isnt the answer if youre trying to build a Super Bowl caliber team. He's a good QB on his very best day and an above average at best every other day. He may catch lightning in a bottle one season and make a run if he's got a real good team around him but he has the look of a 6-9 win a season caliber QB.

Even though teams play guys a ton as rookies these days...I think you're making a mistake if you project a guy to be "not the answer" when he's only a 2nd year player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:31 PM)
Even though teams play guys a ton as rookies these days...I think you're making a mistake if you project a guy to be "not the answer" when he's only a 2nd year player.

He's going to be 26 years old and 32 starts into his career by opening day 2014. Miami moved up into the top 10 to draft him. At some point he's got to show atleast a glimpse of being a Pro Bowl caliber QB.