2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 08:00 AM)
So if the Lions lose, Packers win, and Cowboys win, Sunday night would be relatively meaningless for both teams. (other than the 3/4 seed battle) That would be comical to see two teams play backups in a night game that was flexed.

In that scenario, I don't see either team putting in backups or anything along those lines. I don't think there is any advantage. Just win baby..just win Bears!!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
Following his scan today, Aaron Rodgers was not cleared to play. It is unknown whether he'll have another test later in the week, but the Packers will likely decide on their starter on Friday.

Very interesting. Gotta wonder if it healing slower than anticipated, or if they see something they dont like, or if he is still experiencing pain.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
The Bills had Magic Matt and let him slip away.

I know, and I hate them for it.

OT, but my friend and I played a game of Madden online. He is a Packers fan and he beat me with Flynn, and he started talking s***. I just told him that the Bills only keep s***ty QBs and get rid of the good ones. That's why they let Ryan Fitzpatrick go.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
Bear fans are following Aaron Rodgers closer than I am.

I hope Rodgers plays against the Bears, I really do. Would rather beat them with their best even though it would obviously be a tougher game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I know, and I hate them for it.

OT, but my friend and I played a game of Madden online. He is a Packers fan and he beat me with Flynn, and he started talking s***. I just told him that the Bills only keep s***ty QBs and get rid of the good ones. That's why they let Ryan Fitzpatrick go.

I just think both Flynn and McCown look like "Magic men" because of who they played. Tim Tebow would have gone off against some of the opponents the Flynn and McCown have faced.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 10:32 AM)
In that scenario, I don't see either team putting in backups or anything along those lines. I don't think there is any advantage. Just win baby..just win Bears!!!

Besides rest and chance at injury? There is an advantage. I could easily see some guys getting part of the 2nd half off, why wouldn't you.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 05:27 PM)
Ok seriously, why is it so f***in hard for people to say Alshon JEFFERY? Herm Edwardson just called him Jefferies on sportscenter. I just don't get it.

BECAUSE HIS NAME IS ALSHON JEFFERIES YOU f***ING IDIOT

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 05:27 PM)
Ok seriously, why is it so f***in hard for people to say Alshon JEFFERY? Herm Edwardson just called him Jefferies on sportscenter. I just don't get it.

Jeffery is an uncommon last name?

The fact that professional broadcasters are screwing up his name is unacceptable.

It's not like his last name is Saltalamacchia.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Follow

#Seahawks CB Brandon Browner has been suspended indefinitely for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, per source.

The league needs to investigate the Seahawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
The league needs to investigate the Seahawks.

Browners suspension is supposedly from weed, but he is the teams 7th player suspended for drugs since 2011, not counting Sherman's overturned suspension.

Somewhere Pete Carroll is chomping gum, giving no f***s

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 18, 2013 -> 06:48 PM)
Jeffery is an uncommon last name?

The fact that professional broadcasters are screwing up his name is unacceptable.

It's not like his last name is Saltalamacchia.

Thought it was Saltalamacchias