2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Apparently the Colts only show up if the team is any good (sans Cinci).

Wins over Denver, Kansas City, San Francisco and Seattle. I really can't figure this team out.

Lucky for them, only good teams make the playoffs. :lol:

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)
The Panthers are 4th in the league in point differential, they're right where they should be.

They're good at blowing out the bad teams like the Bucs twice, the Giants, the Vikings and the Falcons. Carolina is average 13.8 points per game against teams with a winning record.

I wonder far they can go winning games by scoring 17 or less points, especially if Steve Smith is out for any length of time.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 05:05 PM)
They're good at blowing out the bad teams like the Bucs twice, the Giants, the Vikings and the Falcons. Carolina is average 13.8 points per game against teams with a winning record.

I wonder far they can go winning games by scoring 17 or less points, especially if Steve Smith is out for any length of time.

Would you want to go to Carolina and face them? That's the thing...they're set up for the #2 seed and a first round bye if they win next week.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)

Granted, that ppg is extremely low, I'll give you that but blowing out bad teams and squeaking by good teams seems pretty normal, I certainly wouldn't consider them extremely lucky. That Broncos team you're comparing them to was 8-8 with a -81 point differential, the two teams aren't close.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 03:29 PM)
But based on Mexsoxfan's logic, Briggs will likely be very rusty and ineffective after not playing for so long. Or maybe that only applies to other teams and not Bears players. *shrugs*

Uh, there's a difference in skill level and timing between tackling a guy and hitting a WR in a timing route...nice try though.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
Defensively biased team with no prayer of stopping Marshall/Jeffrey with an inconsistent offense that often beats itself? They're a dream matchup for the Bears.

They're not a dream matchup for anyone. You can look at it however you want but they're also 5th in pass defense and 8th in rushing offense so that looks good from their point of view.

They're not a dream matchup for anyone. You can look at it however you want but they're also 5th in pass defense and 8th in rushing offense so that looks good from their point of view.

They can run all they want, it won't be enough to keep up with the Bears' scoring and Newton shooting himself in the foot. If by some miracle we play Dallas and then Carolina were a fluke win away from the Super Bowl. Of every team in the playoffs those are the only two (maybe some of the crappier AFC garbage) that I see the Bears taking down. They're kind of f***ed against anyone else.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Dec 22, 2013 -> 04:35 PM)
They can run all they want, it won't be enough to keep up with the Bears' scoring and Newton shooting himself in the foot. If by some miracle we play Dallas and then Carolina were a fluke win away from the Super Bowl. Of every team in the playoffs those are the only two (maybe some of the crappier AFC garbage) that I see the Bears taking down. They're kind of f***ed against anyone else.

There is zero chance the Bears face Dallas or Philly before the NFC Championship Game. It's NFC South and West in the first two rounds.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 20, 2013 -> 01:43 PM)
As a fan it's aggravating, but it's the right thing to do.

Packers will be in the playoffs every year as long as Aaron Rodgers is healthy.

It's also going to be hilarious when the Packers win the division with Matt Flynn as QB. :lol:

lol, ain't happening.

Worry about Pittsburgh first doe.