2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:25 AM)
No, Bears still have to win the game.

If the Lions lose and Packers win, the Lions are out, they would be a game and a half behind the Packers

The Bears win keeps them a 1/2 game ahead of the Packers while a lose puts them a 1/2 game behind the Packers. I suppose ties in the Bears/Packer game would come into play.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 07:35 AM)
@Zigmanfreud: Lions/Ravens game was perfect example of how the NFL needs to change field goal rules to make it tougher to make them. Lions deserved to win

Lol!

The best part is that it was the Lions dome that worked against them. No way they make that kick in an outdoor stadium in Detroit or Baltimore.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
If the Lions lose and Packers win, the Lions are out, they would be a game and a half behind the Packers

The Bears win keeps them a 1/2 game ahead of the Packers while a lose puts them a 1/2 game behind the Packers. I suppose ties in the Bears/Packer game would come into play.

I want the Bears to just go Beast mode and finish this thing off. Take no prisoners, go into the playoffs on a little run. If the Lions/Packers backdoor into the playoffs I will be very disappointed

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:49 AM)
Briggs should be back this week. Maybe our run defense will improve from horrible to bad.

Replacing Green with Briggs is a pretty big deal for a lot of reasons. Briggs starts making the calls, Anderson just has to play his position, the rookie LB group becomes a veteran LB group.

Zack Zaidman said the other day that Briggs is still 4th in the league in run stuffs. Thats crazy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:53 AM)
Replacing Green with Briggs is a pretty big deal for a lot of reasons. Briggs starts making the calls, Anderson just has to play his position, the rookie LB group becomes a veteran LB group.

Zack Zaidman said the other day that Briggs is still 4th in the league in run stuffs. Thats crazy

Yeah, it stabilizes the LBs quite a bit. Our safeties still can't tackle though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
Safeties do a lot less tackling with Lance Briggs at LB.

True. But our run defense sucked with Briggs in there. Brandon Jacobs ran for 120 yards on this defense when Briggs played.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 09:58 AM)
True. But our run defense sucked with Briggs in there. Brandon Jacobs ran for 120 yards on this defense when Briggs played.

True, but they were still reeling from losing Melton and Collins. Ratliff has really made his presence felt since he started playing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
True, but they were still reeling from losing Melton and Collins. Ratliff has really made his presence felt since he started playing.

I'm not even sure Paea played that game.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 09:20 PM)
Is it too much to ask for a Bears win and Packers/Lions loss this weekend coming up? :headbang

Haha...that is what I'm hoping for. I still think the Packers end up winning the division but lets go Bears. Lets win out!!!

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Well, steelers have been playing a lot better recently. That said, the eagles just seem like the WORST matchup for the bears.

I dont know, I see it just like Dallas. High scoring offense, not so good of a defense.

The eagles just gave up 48 to the Vikings, WITHOUT AP. Thats pretty nuts

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Well, steelers have been playing a lot better recently. That said, the eagles just seem like the WORST matchup for the bears.

I'd be shocked if McCoy runs for less than 150.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 12:44 PM)
I'm not even sure Paea played that game.

This is true. Landon Cohen and Wootton were the starters that week, and they managed a whole 2 tackles...Not even sure if they had a rotational DT in there because no one showed up in the stat sheet.

I still remember that first Minny game when everyone was healthy, sans 1 36 yard gain from AP he was held to 64 yards on 25 carries.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 11:13 AM)
I dont know, I see it just like Dallas. High scoring offense, not so good of a defense.

The Eagles actually give up more passing yards per game than the Cowboys do.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 17, 2013 -> 05:13 PM)

Except the Eagles won't be stupid enough to stop running the ball.