2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
I realize anything can happen but the Bears winning at Seattle is a pipe dream. Keep getting excited about squeaking by the likes of Cleveland.

I'm a bigger Seahawks fan than Bears fan and I'd pick the Hawks at home 99 times out of 100 but there's always that one time(the little giants taught me that), you just never know.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
It was still a 50 yard throw against the wind, while getting hit.

I have no idea how he got it 50 yards. It ended up floating a bit but he threw to the guy he wanted to. Haden on...go to his replacement. Jeffrey made an incredible catch.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 07:53 AM)
And while the 1st pick was a bad decision, the 2nd pick most likely doesn't happen if he's been playing the last few weeks.

After he shook off the rust he was damn awesome the rest of the game.

Also, not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Jay leads the league in 4th quarter qbr this season.

If you watch the 1st pick...Marshall gets ran into about 15 yards into his route. It was a clear illegal contact. Still a bad pass but things might be different if Marshall isn't jammed 15 yards into his route. The 2nd pick was a fine read...ball floated on him due to rust. It is what it is but I ain't going to get all pissy about that one. The first one was a tight window and didn't need to be made. He floated a few others on the game but really the first pick was the only real bad decision Jay made the whole game. He played pretty darn good against a good defense on the road with big win. Oh and they scored a ton of points too and Jay was clutch late in the game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:52 AM)
And McCown didn't benefit from some of those too. GMAFB.

Josh wouldn't have been able to get the ball down there. Same thing with the back to back PI and illegal contact calls in the 2nd half(I forget exactly when it was), Cutler literally got them some points just by having a big arm.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
I'm a bigger Seahawks fan than Bears fan and I'd pick the Hawks at home 99 times out of 100 but there's always that one time(the little giants taught me that), you just never know.

The only way I see it happening is because of a key injury or two on the Seahawks. You don't go into the home of the top rated defense and beat them. Not when they're healthy.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
If you watch the 1st pick...Marshall gets ran into about 15 yards into his route. It was a clear illegal contact. Still a bad pass but things might be different if Marshall isn't jammed 15 yards into his route. The 2nd pick was a fine read...ball floated on him due to rust. It is what it is but I ain't going to get all pissy about that one. The first one was a tight window and didn't need to be made. He floated a few others on the game but really the first pick was the only real bad decision Jay made the whole game. He played pretty darn good against a good defense on the road with big win. Oh and they scored a ton of points too and Jay was clutch late in the game.

Marshall said the first one was his fault, but called the second one a "horrible throw" which it was.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
The only way I see it happening is because of a key injury or two on the Seahawks. You don't go into the home of the top rated defense and beat them. Not when they're healthy.

Tampa Bay almost did it. Anything is possible.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:59 AM)
Tampa Bay almost did it. Anything is possible.

They weren't healthy and they still won. Half the O-line was out for most of the season. Now that they're back, they're steamrolling over most teams.

Moot point as teams in the top 5 worst defenses don't go far in the playoffs...if the Bears even get in.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)

It's going to be difficult, like insanely difficult especially cause Wilson is so damn smart. Like I said, if it happens watch for it to be cause of a Skittles fumble that leads to a td for the other team. They're as unbeatable as a team has ever been at home but they're still not flawless, they can lose somehow, someway.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
They weren't healthy and they still won. Half the O-line was out for most of the season. Now that they're back, they're steamrolling over most teams.

Moot point as teams in the top 5 worst defenses don't go far in the playoffs...if the Bears even get in.

I still think Packers win the division but Bears defense should look considerably different by week 1 of the playoffs. Ratfliff should be closer to 100%, Briggs will be back and Peanut will be back. Those are three difference makers who are major step-ups from the stiffs that have been playing for them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 11:04 AM)
I guess you can take solace in the "hey ya never know" argument when you have a deeply flawed team.

Nobody said they would win, nobody said they werent flawed. But hey, if you want to keep your bandwagoning fandom going by saying "E'RYBODYS GOTS NO CHANCES" then go ahead.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
Nobody said they would win, nobody said they werent flawed. But hey, if you want to keep your bandwagoning fandom going by saying "E'RYBODYS GOTS NO CHANCES" then go ahead.

Aww, I make poor little Kyle upset. Boohoo. :crying

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 05:03 PM)
I still think Packers win the division but Bears defense should look considerably different by week 1 of the playoffs. Ratfliff should be closer to 100%, Briggs will be back and Peanut will be back. Those are three difference makers who are major step-ups from the stiffs that have been playing for them.

I'm actually not sure Bowman has been a step down. We do severely miss the forced fumbles though.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
He did, but he also didn't throw it up in double coverage at the 2 yard line. He threw it in the back corner of the endzone.

The jump ball to Jeffery in Minnesota was absolutely through double coverage, in the front of the endzone. Basically same play opposite side of the field

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)

The 2011-12 Giants were the 26th worst defense - so top 6 worst defense - and they won the Superbowl. It's a matter of getting hot.

No, I don't believe the Seahawks will lose at home in the playoffs, but saying "it won't happen" is absolutely wrong.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
The 2011-12 Giants were the 26th worst defense - so top 6 worst defense - and they won the Superbowl. It's a matter of getting hot.

No, I don't believe the Seahawks will lose at home in the playoffs, but saying "it won't happen" is absolutely wrong.

I certainly don't think it's 100% lock that Seattle makes it to the Super Bowl but let's not get all 2006 St. Louis Cardinals in here either.

To me injuries and penalties will be the biggest factor to take down the Seahawks. They're up there as one of the highest penalized teams in the NFL. That could bite them in a crucial situation and cost them a game if they're not careful.