2013-2014 NFL Thread

I hope the Lions lost tonite simply so we can see what this team does with their destiny in their own hands. I mean, if they win out, that could play pretty big going into the playoffs. I know momentum is as good as your next play, but we have seen teams every year go on runs into the playoffs and carry it through.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:00 AM)
I hope the Lions lost tonite simply so we can see what this team does with their destiny in their own hands. I mean, if they win out, that could play pretty big going into the playoffs. I know momentum is as good as your next play, but we have seen teams every year go on runs into the playoffs and carry it through.

We have to hope that the addition of Briggs and maybe Tillman in the playoffs would help stop the run a little. Ratcliff seems to be improving the d-line. Safeties are still awful though. They'll have to score their way through the playoffs. Can you do that on the road at Seattle?

Changing the subject for a second, I defend Tony Romo a lot but the fact that he changed from a run to a pass on that last drive is unbelievably stupid. And now the coaching staff and the players are just throwing everyone and anyone under the bus besides themselves. Fantastic.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
We have to hope that the addition of Briggs and maybe Tillman in the playoffs would help stop the run a little. Ratcliff seems to be improving the d-line. Safeties are still awful though. They'll have to score their way through the playoffs. Can you do that on the road at Seattle?

as of right now, wouldnt you love to have that chance? Basically you are saying the Bears win their first playoff game(which right now would be against the Panthers or 49ers)

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:54 AM)
Well that's what I get for relying on Fox sports insights.

I only know because I was streaming the game on my computer for fantasy football purposes lol. He beat him on a real good double move. Announcers couldn't believe that Haden got beaten so badly so close to the endzone.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
as of right now, wouldnt you love to have that chance? Basically you are saying the Bears win their first playoff game(which right now would be against the Panthers or 49ers)

I love the Niners and Panthers but it'd be interesting to see how they perform in Chicago on that thing the Bears call a football field.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:11 AM)
I only know because I was streaming the game on my computer for fantasy football purposes lol. He beat him on a real good double move. Announcers couldn't believe that Haden got beaten so badly so close to the endzone.

Haden is a fantastic player but I've seen him get burned quite a few times this year.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)

The answer here is probably not but it's not impossible.

I love love love Marshawn Lynch but he has fumbling issues, if they are somehow beat at home it'll probably be because of that. I don't see their defense or Wilson losing them a game.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
I love the Niners and Panthers but it'd be interesting to see how they perform in Chicago on that thing the Bears call a football field.

If Carolina takes care of business at home, it would be the Saints as the wild card.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)
If Carolina takes care of business at home, it would be the Saints as the wild card.

I would love to get another shot at them, with cold weather. The Bears offense is a completely different beast now

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:24 AM)

Yup, good call. And honestly, I'd rather see the Saints than Panthers in the playoffs if I were a Bears fan.

Edited by Rowand44

I'm not going to reserve my playoff tickets yet. Bears Eagles game will be terrifying. Best rushing team in league vs. Worst rushing team? That'll be a whole lot of not fun to watch (I had to suffer through Mizzou Auburn on the Mizzou side)

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:30 AM)
I'm not going to reserve my playoff tickets yet. Bears Eagles game will be terrifying. Best rushing team in league vs. Worst rushing team? That'll be a whole lot of not fun to watch (I had to suffer through Mizzou Auburn on the Mizzou side)

Over/Under at 70?

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
Yup, good call. And honestly, I'd rather see the Saints than Panthers in the playoffs if I were a Bears fan.

At Soldier Field, I agree. I'd much rather play at Carolina than in the Superdome though. (Not that we need to look that far ahead)

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
The Bears have a huge weakness in reading rushing attacks, and the Eagle will compound that with option and misdirection. Its going to be ugly.

Bostic may as well just run in circles, he may accidentally run into McCoy more times than if he actually tries to read the ball.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
They'll have to score their way through the playoffs. Can you do that on the road at Seattle?

No way. Seattle is insane at home. They destroyed both New Orleans and San Francisco here. Least points allowed, least yards allowed and they get a ton of turnovers on their defense.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
No way. Seattle is insane at home. They destroyed both New Orleans and San Francisco here. Least points allowed, least yards allowed and they get a ton of turnovers on their defense.

The Broncos were a lock to beat the Ravens last year. Crazy s*** happens in the playoffs

I really just want the Bears to get into playoffs. That will be a successful season for me. Not only will it mean we fought our way and won out, but it means the Lions hilariously choked their best chance for the playoffs in years.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
The Broncos were a lock to beat the Ravens last year. Crazy s*** happens in the playoffs

I realize anything can happen but the Bears winning at Seattle is a pipe dream. Keep getting excited about squeaking by the likes of Cleveland.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 16, 2013 -> 10:41 AM)
Bostic may as well just run in circles, he may accidentally run into McCoy more times than if he actually tries to read the ball.

I honestly think he will be a good to very good MLB at some point in the NFL, but his inexperience shows over and over when he picks the wrong gap. The guy has experience defending the read option offense, so maybe thats his specialty?