2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 07:46 PM)
What's more likely, a botched snap or a kickoff return for a TD? Speaking as a Buffalo Bills fan I worry more about the latter. They already had one return stopped by the Kicker this game.

in these conditions, a botched snap.

Odds of the Packers tossing the ball around the field in these conditions and returning it for a TD are extremely slight.

doesnt matter anyways

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Spod=Ratings @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 06:55 PM)
It's sad Bears fans only postseason excitement is rooting against packers. Seems like a very Cub thing to do...

What's wrong with rooting against a team? Personally, I had money on them and was rooting for them.

I don't think it's the "only" excitement of the postseason for Bears fans -- it certainly is guaranteed to be a game(s) in which pretty much all Bears fans will have the same rooting interest, though

It's sad Bears fans only postseason excitement is rooting against packers. Seems like a very Cub thing to do...

As opposed to all the Sox fans that root against the Tigers during the playoffs? It's sports, you root for your team, against your rivals, all part of the fun. It's not like the Bears were playing and fans were ignoring it to root against Green Bay.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 5, 2014 -> 06:10 PM)
Seriously though and I do hate complaining about the refs but it seems like GB gets away with defensive penalties and obvious holding calls more than any other NFL team.

Go back and watch every Seattle game, they by far get away with the most in the NFL. Their gameplan is to hold on every down knowing there is no way they will call it all the time. Pete Carroll is a dirty SOB and did the same thing at USC.

No, it seems like a very human thing to do. If your team is eliminated, you will find joy in actively rooting against teams you dislike. Due to the fact that it's the oldest rivalry in football, it's very natural that Bears fans will enjoy watching the Packers lose.

What's sad is that you are commenting on this as a Packers fan and not commenting on the game itself.

Sucks that the Packers lost, but I think they played a pretty good game. They were right there with a great football team.

Biggest problem for the Packers is staying healthy. I look at that 49ers team and they have all of their starters playing that they had in week 1. I am very jealous of that.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Sucks that the Packers lost, but I think they played a pretty good game. They were right there with a great football team.

Biggest problem for the Packers is staying healthy. I look at that 49ers team and they have all of their starters playing that they had in week 1. I am very jealous of that.

It was a great game. I honestly feel it lived up to the hype that was given to it.

The Packers need a lot of help on D.

No one here will feel bad for you. ;)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
It was a great game. I honestly feel it lived up to the hype that was given to it.

The Packers need a lot of help on D.

They need some help on defense, but I don't think they are totally devoid of talent. They have some really good players on defense, just none of them play.

Safety is the one position they really need help. Bad.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 09:27 AM)
They need some help on defense, but I don't think they are totally devoid of talent. They have some really good players on defense, just none of them play.

Safety is the one position they really need help. Bad.

Part of the problem for them is that they seem to completely forget that Kaepernick can run during their game preparation. Or if they're not forgetting, they have other priorities. They don't want to let Gore beat them or Kaep beat them through the air, and that requires putting all 11 guys into things and having no one focused on the QB running.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
Part of the problem for them is that they seem to completely forget that Kaepernick can run during their game preparation. Or if they're not forgetting, they have other priorities. They don't want to let Gore beat them or Kaep beat them through the air, and that requires putting all 11 guys into things and having no one focused on the QB running.

They sold out to stop Gore yesterday and for the most it worked, minus the two big runs by Kaepernick.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:34 AM)
They sold out to stop Gore yesterday and for the most it worked, minus the two big runs by Kaepernick.

On one of those it looked like it was just blown contain by the blitzer, he tried going inside the blocker and Kaepernick was able to turn it into a huge run on 3rd down IIRC. If he had stayed outside, Kaepernick couldn't have done that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
On one of those it looked like it was just blown contain by the blitzer, he tried going inside the blocker and Kaepernick was able to turn it into a huge run on 3rd down IIRC. If he had stayed outside, Kaepernick couldn't have done that.

Yeah, the one on the last drive. Bush came in on a blitz. It was a good blitz, but he came in uncontrolled and Kaepernick was able to run around him.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 06:17 AM)
Go back and watch every Seattle game, they by far get away with the most in the NFL. Their gameplan is to hold on every down knowing there is no way they will call it all the time. Pete Carroll is a dirty SOB and did the same thing at USC.

They were the highest penalized team in the NFL this year so not sure your assessment holds water.

Michael Crabtree & Mario Manningham didn't play in week 1.

Carlos Rodgers didn't play yesterday, Bruce Miller didn't play yesterday, Mario Manningham didn't play. Eric Wright who would normally back up Rodgers didn't play either yesterday. 49ers had more significant injuries early in the year and have got healthier over the season, but saying they have everyone from week 1 isn't really accurate.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
They were the highest penalized team in the NFL this year so not sure your assessment holds water.

It does, just because they were the highest doesn't mean they also don't get away with the most. Look at what I said, they do it every play and know darn well it won't be called every play which absolutley means they can get away with the most, regardless of how much they are penalized.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)
It does, just because they were the highest doesn't mean they also don't get away with the most. Look at what I said, they do it every play and know darn well it won't be called every play which absolutley means they can get away with the most, regardless of how much they are penalized.

Oh give me a break. You're telling me you've watched every single Seahawk snap this season and you've seen holding on every single play? How is that when the camera doesn't even highlight the secondary on most plays.

Not like Packer fans were rooting for us in SB XLI...

Lame post.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 6, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
Oh give me a break. You're telling me you've watched every single Seahawk snap this season and you've seen holding on every single play? How is that when the camera doesn't even highlight the secondary on most plays.

Yes, I have seen every snap and no I did not see it on every play, but a majority yes. I'm not just talking holding, also illegal contact, pass interference, etc. It's a philosohpy of defense that they play and its well known. Pay close attention next week.