2013-2014 NFL Thread

Not sure if this is posted, but pretty weak s*** on Seattle's part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920786...amming-national

I am disliking this team more and more. Can't wait till see them get smashed by the Broncos or Patriots in SB.

Lots of teams do that, and I don't have a problem with it.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5569076.story

Mel Tucker will return, LB and DL coaches fired and used as scapegoats. I was hoping for someone new, injuries or not Tucker led defenses have never been anything but average at best.

Absolute scapegoats. Let's only fire the two coaches whose positions were the most decimated by injury.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 10:55 PM)
Not sure if this is posted, but pretty weak s*** on Seattle's part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920786...amming-national

I am disliking this team more and more. Can't wait till see them get smashed by the Broncos or Patriots in SB.

Wait a second, I thought Seattle had the best fanbase in all of sports? Suddenly they don't trust their fans to buy enough tickets that they have to limit sales?

Either way, there are over 6,000 tickets on StubHub, if 49er fans want to go to the game, they will be there.

Wait a second, I thought Seattle had the best fanbase in all of sports? Suddenly they don't trust their fans to buy enough tickets that they have to limit sales?

Either way, there are over 6,000 tickets on StubHub, if 49er fans want to go to the game, they will be there.

It's not that they don't trust their fans to buy tickets, but if you put them up for sale and they are unrestricted, SF fans can crowd out the SEA fans. Teams in all sports have been doing this for years, not sure why it's suddenly news now.

If I were a reporter, questions I would ask Peyton Manning:

"Where is Warren Buffet from?"

"What's the largest city in Nebraska?"

"Where do they play the College World Series?"

"Where can I get some good mail order steaks?"

"What do you call it when you play Texas Hold'em but get four cards instead of two?"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)

"What do you call it when you play Texas Hold'em but get four cards instead of two?"

Oh, I think I know the answer to this one. Is it "f***in' Julius!"?

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
Not sure if this is posted, but pretty weak s*** on Seattle's part. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920786...amming-national I am disliking this team more and more. Can't wait till see them get smashed by the Broncos or Patriots in SB.

SOXOBAMA will still be there :headbang

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)

Omaha Omaha

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:41 PM)
I think S.F. put on quite the show of "obnoxious" on the field today.

It worked incredibly well on the Panthers. Might well have won them the game.

I don't know how anyone watching that game doesn't realize that Carolina is the team who came out talking trash and playing dirty, especially on that first drive. SF typcially is not the team to come out doing so, but if people get in their face they will not back down. Boldin and Whitner are the biggest talkers on the team, aside from that not much.

Carolina came out and played and acted like a team that didn't have any experience and figured they could bully their way to a victory, it backfired. Go back to the SF vs. GB game, where was all the trash talking in that game?

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)
I don't find either team particularly unlikable. The only part of Seattle I really don't like is Peter Carroll. I like Russell Wilson and their fans aren't terribly obnoxious.

Seattle fans are the most obnoxious of all. Take a visit to Seahawks.net or go to a game there when your favorite team is playing them. Get spit on, cursed the entire time. For a team that has never won anything, they are by far the worst and most obnoxious.

There is pretty much nothing likable at all about this version of the 49ers. The Patriots are still the Patriots and as a Chiefs fan I detest the Broncos. So I'm all aboard the Seahawks bandwagon from here on out. Russell Wilson is one of the most enjoyable QBs for me to watch play so I'm rooting for them

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
There is pretty much nothing likable at all about this version of the 49ers. The Patriots are still the Patriots and as a Chiefs fan I detest the Broncos. So I'm all aboard the Seahawks bandwagon from here on out. Russell Wilson is one of the most enjoyable QBs for me to watch play so I'm rooting for them

Ugh, but Pete Carroll is the worst.

Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh on the same field must be a nightmare for officials. Jim Harbaugh is a brilliant coach, but that dude whines and cries like no other. About time they gave him a penalty yesterday.

I can't figure out which NFC team I hate more. Probably have to go with the PED Hawks. I just don't see them losing at home this year.

Russell Wilson has been lights out the last 5 weeks, not so much.

He will prove to be the most overrated of the new QB's. He can't see over the line which is why most plays are designed around him breaking left or right to throw. Now that D's have learned to contain on the outside, he hasn't been scrambling and completing many passes. Guy has no doubt been fun at times to watch over the past year given his ability to escape the pocket and make big plays, but the tide is turning.

Edited by HeGone33

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 01:53 AM)
I don't think they are scapegoats at all. The front seven played terrible this season and lacked fundamentals, which is one reason why they weren't brought back. The second reason is this clearly shows to me that the Bears are going to change their defensive schemes and either switch to a 3-4 or some type of 2-gap scheme.

I would have understood if Tucker was fired because the defense was bad last year, but I think it really is a good move keeping him, and it shows how much faith Trestman has in him to keep him (Trestman pretty much had a new DC every year in Canada). Sure, looking at it stat wise, Tucker's never had great defenses when he's been the DC. But he's never been anywhere great and he's never had full reign over the defense. First, he was in Cleveland where Romeo Crennel was the HC and probably had a lot of say regarding the defense, then in Jacksonville with Jack Del Rio as the HC who also probably had final say on the defense. His first time really being the top defensive coach on a team was in 2012 and that was a really bad Jaguars team with no bright spots. And then last year he was in a s***ty situation of trying to keep a completely foreign system and running effectively. I don't think people realize how hard that is for a coach to do.

Also, before this s***ty season, Tucker has always been regarded highly in the coaching community, from what I've read. He almost got the Jaguars job after Jack Del Rio, and the fact he was able to transition from Crennel to Del Rio and then be expected to run a 3rd completely different defense with the Bears shows how he must have a high football IQ. Plus, he worked for two of the best college coaches EVER in Tressel and Saban. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what he comes up with next year. Plus, with his back being against the wall, I have a feeling he'll make sure to give his absolute best effort.

Bears announced they will retain defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.

It's not a surprising move because Tucker is a good coach, but GM Phil Emery understandably delayed on his decision after Chicago finished 2013 ranked No. 30 in total defense and 31st in points allowed. Per beat writer Brad Biggs' count, MLB D.J. Williams missed ten games and WLB Lance Briggs missed six, while DLs Henry Melton (13 missed games), Nate Collins (11), and Stephen Paea (3) were also injury casualties. Rather than axing Tucker, the Bears are using DL coach Mike Phair and LB coach Tim Tibesar as scapegoats. Put simply, Chicago needs better luck and for Emery to add more talent to field a competitive defense.

Per Rotoworld

Looks like others thought they were scapegoats also.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 10:37 AM)
Russell Wilson has been lights out the last 5 weeks, not so much.

He will prove to be the most overrated of the new QB's. He can't see over the line which is why most plays are designed around him breaking left or right to throw. Now that D's have learned to contain on the outside, he hasn't been scrambling and completing many passes. Guy has no doubt been fun at times to watch over the past year given his ability to escape the pocket and make big plays, but the tide is turning.

I agree. I don't see the excitement around that guy. He can scramble and makes some plays here and there, but he misses a lot of throws. Seattle is good because that defense is great and they have a great running back.

Then again when he isn't playing the Packers, Kaepernick also looks average most of the time.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 13, 2014 -> 10:41 AM)
I agree. I don't see the excitement around that guy. He can scramble and makes some plays here and there, but he misses a lot of throws. Seattle is good because that defense is great and they have a great running back.

Then again when he isn't playing the Packers, Kaepernick also looks average most of the time.

I agree, I don't get the Wilson hype, it's not like he's asked to do that much. Although to give him credit, Seattle may have the worst WR core in all of football.

Edited by LittleHurt05