2013-2014 NFL Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I was just kicking this around with a buddy:

Say the Broncos go 1 and done in the playoffs again this season, what do you do if you are Elway? You have to imagine some of those offensive pieces are getting close to getting paid, they have a lot of money wrapped up in Manning right now.

At what point does he have to accept that this probably wont work?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)

Say the Broncos go 1 and done in the playoffs again this season, what do you do if you are Elway? You have to imagine some of those offensive pieces are getting close to getting paid, they have a lot of money wrapped up in Manning right now.

The point that you accept it won't work is when Peyton Manning says "I am retiring from the NFL." If you have the Sheriff, you put all your bullets into that team to try and bring one in.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
Seriously guys...

Charles Tillman ‏@peanuttillman 3h

I just saved 15% on my car insurance. I'm so excited, just thought I should share this with y'all.

Hahahahaha!

Wow, is he working for Geico now?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)

Aren't Decker and Moreno free agents at the end of this season?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:33 AM)

How good are those offensive pieces without Peyton Manning?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 05:46 PM)
Seriously guys...

Charles Tillman ‏@peanuttillman 3h

I just saved 15% on my car insurance. I'm so excited, just thought I should share this with y'all.

Hahahahaha!

He just lost all good will from his years of charity AND football prowess!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
How good are those offensive pieces without Peyton Manning?

I would imagine they would still be pretty good, Demaryus Thomas and Eric Decker are both pretty good WRs. Moreno could be a product of the offense, but I think he is pretty good as well

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:18 AM)
I would imagine they would still be pretty good, Demaryus Thomas and Eric Decker are both pretty good WRs. Moreno could be a product of the offense, but I think he is pretty good as well

It's no coincidence Decker's stats skyrocketed once Manning took over. If he wants to get paid, he can go catch balls from EJ Manuel or Jake Locker. I'm sure Peyton can find a much cheaper replacement.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 06:23 PM)
It's no coincidence Decker's stats skyrocketed once Manning took over. If he wants to get paid, he can go catch balls from EJ Manuel or Jake Locker. I'm sure Peyton can find a much cheaper replacement.

Every receivers numbers would skyrocket after Tebow.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
TEBOW HAS A BETTER PLAYOFF WINNING PERCENTAGE THAN MANNING SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

Best quarterback in playoff history - Frank Reich.

2-0 record, led the Bills to the biggest comeback of all time.

Frank mf'ing Reich.

http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/what-does-...ink-cutler-deal

Jerry Angelo, the GM in Chicago from 2001-11, joined Twitter recently and responded to a question from a fan on Cutler's deal.

"I'd feel better if I were Bus Cook, his agent!" Angelo wrote. "He got paid in line with the other quarterbacks that got paid recently. That's the number. You either pay or you don't. Don't be fooled: Some other team would have given the same money or more, because there would have been a bidding war.

"Teams like the Browns, Raiders, Buccaneers, Texans, Titans, Jaguars, Jets, Cardinals would have been potential suitors. The reality -- what are your options? The value of what he does can't be underscored. It's rarer than a starting, 95 mph left-handed pitcher or a seven-foot center who can score."