2013-2014 NFL Thread

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
How does that work exactly?
Just for fun, 49ers win, you have to use an avi of my choice until after the SB or vice versa.

For example, there's a shirtless Justin Beiber avi I have in mind... ;)

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:18 PM)
Ugh, probably the two most unlikeable teams in the NFL. Should be a great game though, in between all the trash talking

lol, said the same thing to a friend. Between Seattle, SF and Carolina, I was rooting for whatever team represented the AFC.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:58 PM)
New England is just as if not more unlikeable...
I still love hearing announcers casually note that teams they're playing told them they made sure to change up their snap counts/playcalls/hand signals and so on.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 03:16 PM)
Well if youre going to throw out the weak point spread point, Carolina was just a 1 point underdog at home and lost by 2 TDs. Overrated.

Mike Shula should probably get fired.

What is a better indicator of how a team is expected to perform than the point spread from a reputable source?

Ugh, probably the two most unlikeable teams in the NFL. Should be a great game though, in between all the trash talking

I don't find either team particularly unlikable. The only part of Seattle I really don't like is Peter Carroll. I like Russell Wilson and their fans aren't terribly obnoxious.

SF fans are obnoxious, but not to the extent of NE or GB fans. Also, I like Harbaugh. He's quite possibly the only person who has ever had an association with the University of Michigan that I like.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
I don't find either team particularly unlikable. The only part of Seattle I really don't like is Peter Carroll. I like Russell Wilson and their fans aren't terribly obnoxious.

SF fans are obnoxious, but not to the extent of NE or GB fans. Also, I like Harbaugh. He's quite possibly the only person who has ever had an association with the University of Michigan that I like.

I think S.F. put on quite the show of "obnoxious" on the field today.

It worked incredibly well on the Panthers. Might well have won them the game.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:39 PM)

It has nothing to do with the fans. It's all about the players. You are allowed to go straight back to the huddle after a play. You don't have to talk s*** and get in people's faces after EVERY SINGLE play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 05:52 PM)
It has nothing to do with the fans. It's all about the players. You are allowed to go straight back to the huddle after a play. You don't have to talk s*** and get in people's faces after EVERY SINGLE play.

But fire and passion!

Not sure if this is posted, but pretty weak s*** on Seattle's part.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1920786...amming-national

Tickets will only be sold to fans with the following states in their billing address: Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii and the Canadian provinces of British Columbia and Alberta.

I am disliking this team more and more. Can't wait till see them get smashed by the Broncos or Patriots in SB.

Alright! My odds just went up .0001% higher in scoring tickets tomorrow morning when they go on sale.

And this really upset someone in Chicago? They only had about 200 tickets available for sale for this past game so I doubt that all of a sudden they're depriving Niners fans from access to half the stadium.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...0,5569076.story

Mel Tucker will return, LB and DL coaches fired and used as scapegoats. I was hoping for someone new, injuries or not Tucker led defenses have never been anything but average at best.

I don't think they are scapegoats at all. The front seven played terrible this season and lacked fundamentals, which is one reason why they weren't brought back. The second reason is this clearly shows to me that the Bears are going to change their defensive schemes and either switch to a 3-4 or some type of 2-gap scheme.

I would have understood if Tucker was fired because the defense was bad last year, but I think it really is a good move keeping him, and it shows how much faith Trestman has in him to keep him (Trestman pretty much had a new DC every year in Canada). Sure, looking at it stat wise, Tucker's never had great defenses when he's been the DC. But he's never been anywhere great and he's never had full reign over the defense. First, he was in Cleveland where Romeo Crennel was the HC and probably had a lot of say regarding the defense, then in Jacksonville with Jack Del Rio as the HC who also probably had final say on the defense. His first time really being the top defensive coach on a team was in 2012 and that was a really bad Jaguars team with no bright spots. And then last year he was in a s***ty situation of trying to keep a completely foreign system and running effectively. I don't think people realize how hard that is for a coach to do.

Also, before this s***ty season, Tucker has always been regarded highly in the coaching community, from what I've read. He almost got the Jaguars job after Jack Del Rio, and the fact he was able to transition from Crennel to Del Rio and then be expected to run a 3rd completely different defense with the Bears shows how he must have a high football IQ. Plus, he worked for two of the best college coaches EVER in Tressel and Saban. I know I'm in the minority, but I'm actually pretty excited to see what he comes up with next year. Plus, with his back being against the wall, I have a feeling he'll make sure to give his absolute best effort.