Midwest Region

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 08:01 PM)
Not if you deserve a trip to the Final Four.

Yawn. Wichita State is in the final four, it's clearly not that hard to get to. I think Duke and Louisville were the best two teams in the country this year. It's silly the team with the better resume and the head-to-head win got stuck playing the only semi-road game of the Elite 8.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 11:28 PM)
Yawn. Wichita State is in the final four, it's clearly not that hard to get to. I think Duke and Louisville were the best two teams in the country this year. It's silly the team with the better resume and the head-to-head win got stuck playing the only semi-road game of the Elite 8.

You should really stop talking up the head-to-head win considering Dieng didn't play. As we saw today, that's a huge difference. It's not like Louisville had a horrible resume either.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
The refs have decided Louisville is going to win. A Louisville player rolled over with the ball and they didn't call a travel.

Also hearing the Louisville crowd really points out how the committee did Louisville a massive favor they didn't necessarily deserve. Duke had the better RPI, same amount of losses and won the head to head earlier in the year. Their reward? A semi-road game in the Elite 8. Louisville certainly deserved a No. 1, but it's very hard to argue such a gap between the teams, especially in Louisville's favor. Yet, the crowd seems to be giving them a big edge.

Oh come on. There was a shove by a Duke player right before he went to the ground. Plumlee and Kelly got away with hacks inside, Duke got a "not a charge but it was called it anyways" call again, etc...

Duke gets more help than any other team in college basketball year in, year out.

Duke did not earn a #1 seed. They didn't win their conference season or tournament. If Gonzaga didn't get the fourth #1 it would have gone to Miami. Although, in that scenario, Duke could have gone to the DC regional instead of Indy since Miami wouldn't have been there.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 09:03 AM)
Yeah I didn't mean to question that, but the account itself I highly doubt is real

is that picture of him in the hospital bed holding the trophy available in the media?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
is that picture of him in the hospital bed holding the trophy available in the media?

I don't know but look when the account was created and look at some of the tweets. One is a retweet of one of those "for every RT $1 will be donated to Kevin Ware's medical bills". Some sketchiness there.

I don't know but look when the account was created and look at some of the tweets. One is a retweet of one of those "for every RT $1 will be donated to Kevin Ware's medical bills". Some sketchiness there.

Yeah, because scholarship athletes are required to pay their own medical bills.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 11:51 AM)

I can't tell how serious you are with this, but if so, no they are not. And if medical expenses go over $75K the school has insurance through the NCAA who then takes over.

I know that it was gruesome, probably unfathomably painful, etc...but I feel like there has been some overreaction. Every orthopedist I've heard talk to the press has said that he should be 100% back to normal by next season. It's not 1985. If he tore his ACL, there would be no trending twitter phrases about this.

Also,

@StephLauren : Kevin Ware’s actual twitter account is @_Woody23, not @KevinWare_5. Do not engage.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)

I went to a D3 school and still had 5 figures of medical bills paid for by the college.

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 1, 2013 -> 11:01 AM)
I know that it was gruesome, probably unfathomably painful, etc...but I feel like there has been some overreaction. Every orthopedist I've heard talk to the press has said that he should be 100% back to normal by next season. It's not 1985. If he tore his ACL, there would be no trending twitter phrases about this.

Also,

@StephLauren : Kevin Ware’s actual twitter account is @_Woody23, not @KevinWare_5. Do not engage.

I went to a D3 school and still had 5 figures of medical bills paid for by the college.

Overreaction to what? people are reacting to the sight of the injury and the reaction of his team, I dont think the reaction to his prognosis has even really begun.