Midwest Region

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 05:08 PM)
Duke as the 2 with Louisville. They need to stop using the phrase 'No. 1 overall seed' because anyone who thinks Duke is the eighth best team in the country is an idiot.

The separation between top seed and the #8 team in the country is so small right now, it is pretty meaningless.

Duke as the 2 with Louisville. They need to stop using the phrase 'No. 1 overall seed' because anyone who thinks Duke is the eighth best team in the country is an idiot.

[/quote

The #1 overall seed does not necessarily get paired with the worst 2 seed. Geography takes first priority. What it does mean is that they thought Miami was better than Duke because Miami (I'm assuming) got the #2 in the East over Duke.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)

They probably had Georgetown as the #8 but due to bracketing rules couldn't put them with Louisville. They couldn't put Ohio State in the East with Indiana so they had limitations. Bracketing rules consistently mess up the "S-Curve". Perfect example is Oregon and Cal were both 11 seeds but had to be dropped to the 12 line to make the bracket work. Most of the time we don't know what adjustments were made.

Tough region!

More questions for my $50 bracket entry. Here are the games I'd like opinions on for this region.

Colorado State (8) - Missouri (9) - I know Col St is tough. Total toss up in my mind.

Oregon (12) - Oklahoma State (5) - Classic 12/5 upset? I think Oregon is seeded wrong big time. They are 21-4 with their PG and were 5-5 when he was gone.

Memphis (6) - I really don't want to pick Memphis. Give me a good reason why.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 09:28 PM)
Tough region!

More questions for my $50 bracket entry. Here are the games I'd like opinions on for this region.

Colorado State (8) - Missouri (9) - I know Col St is tough. Total toss up in my mind.

Oregon (12) - Oklahoma State (5) - Classic 12/5 upset? I think Oregon is seeded wrong big time. They are 21-4 with their PG and were 5-5 when he was gone.

Memphis (6) - I really don't want to pick Memphis. Give me a good reason why.

I like Mizzou.

Oregon is basically a 8/9 seed. I think it's a toss-up.

I'm taking Memphis over St Marys but if MTSU advances I might pull the trigger with a MTSU upset. Intrastate rivalry. Memphis refused to play them in the past so MTSU will have a chip on their shoulder. Memphis always plays recklessly it seems. They were lucky to beat Southern Miss the other day when I watched the game. Talented, but out of control at times

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

DJ Stephens from MEM ST is an amazing leaper. Jackson's a good ballhandler and floor leader.

Memphis State is pretty unknown, but definitely looks dangerous and could make a very deep run.

Not very many interesting games yet...Bucknell put on a huge run against Butler, but it got answered and the Bulldogs pulled away in the end.

The Bisons' 2 time conference player of the year started out 1/10 and just never really got going.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
DJ Stephens from MEM ST is an amazing leaper. Jackson's a good ballhandler and floor leader.

Memphis State is pretty unknown, but definitely looks dangerous and could make a very deep run.

Not very many interesting games yet...Bucknell put on a huge run against Butler, but it got answered and the Bulldogs pulled away in the end.

The Bisons' 2 time conference player of the year started out 1/10 and just never really got going.

They are so unknown that they aren't in the tournament.