Quin

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
Throwing lots of 2 seamers, but he has been averaging about 1mph of velocity loss per season on his heater since he came into the league

Caught a couple innings of their opener against the A's and his velocity was similar to 1st inning today. He doesn't "look" right to me.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
Caught a couple innings of their opener against the A's and his velocity was similar to 1st inning today. He doesn't "look" right to me.

I think if I turned the gun off and just saw the movement, etc. it looks good but the velo is off for sure. His changeup has nasty movement but today is only 5-6 mph off his fastball

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Axelrod won't make it past the 4th inning, his junk looks like...junk. No attack whatsoever, just throwing up garbage.

I'll never understand why the organization likes him as a starter more than Santiago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
I'll never understand why the organization likes him as a starter more than Santiago.

I think we'll see Santiago in the rotation if Danks and/or Quintana need to be replaced on a permanent basis.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2013 -> 01:40 PM)
Justin Smoak disagrees.

As a South Carolina fan, I've seen Justin Smoak for years. Trust me, a Smoak K doesn't mean anything for pitching prowess.